CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

A little non feeder....

Old 10-15-2017, 04:54 PM   #41
DollysMom
If you are talking about the darker bit of her belly above her neck as she is looped in the picture, those are internal organs. You would see the feces right above her vent. You can often see the organs in the lighter color morphs. I used to be able to see Cleo’s heart when she was little.

Old 10-15-2017, 05:00 PM   #42
angelcornsnake
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post
If you are talking about the darker bit of her belly above her neck as she is looped in the picture,, those are internal organs. You would see the feces right above her vent. You can often see the organs in the lighter color morphs. I used to be able to see Cleo’s heart when she was little.
Ah Yes! That's what I mean. From the anatomy photos on Google it looks like it is either her kidney or fecal matter in her large intestine which is probably impossible because she fed last Sunday. Even if she was impacted I'm guessing that it would have moved down a bit more.

I can see her little heart too . By the way she just had a pinky in seconds. I'm not sure if she's ready for two yet.

Daisy June 17, a butter motley corn snake

Old 10-15-2017, 05:09 PM   #43
DollysMom
Congrats! Well done.

Either you missed her poop, which is very possible with babies, and happens all the time, or it’s still to come. Sometimes they double up and have 2 feedings, one poop. That’s not all that unusual. I’m betting you just missed it. Unless they are on paper they can be really difficult to find. I know I missed some with my babies.

Old 10-15-2017, 05:11 PM   #44
DollysMom
P.S. if you are feeding pinks you can feed as close as every 5 days if you like.

Old 10-15-2017, 05:32 PM   #45
angelcornsnake
Quote:
P.S. if you are feeding pinks you can feed as close as every 5 days if you like.
I think I'll try that. I'll do six days next time.

Old 10-15-2017, 05:33 PM   #46
angelcornsnake
Quote:
Congrats! Well done.

Either you missed her poop, which is very possible with babies, and happens all the time, or it’s still to come. Sometimes they double up and have 2 feedings, one poop. That’s not all that unusual. I’m betting you just missed it. Unless they are on paper they can be really difficult to find. I know I missed some with my babies.
Haha!! Maybe I have missed it. I've looked and looked but with aspen it is difficult.... But it would smell a bit. We'll see. What humidity do you have in your vivarium btw?

Old 10-15-2017, 05:41 PM   #47
DollysMom
60% but unless you are doing something to keep it high, which you are not, I would not worry about 70%. It is still within reason. Mine has been there on occasion in the summer, even with our A/C on.

Old 10-15-2017, 06:23 PM   #48
angelcornsnake
Quote:
60% but unless you are doing something to keep it high, which you are not, I would not worry about 70%. It is still within reason. Mine has been there on occasion in the summer, even with our A/C on.
Ah ok. That's great. Thank you.

Old 10-16-2017, 10:16 AM   #49
Patmart
DollysMom knows what she talking about she has helped me loads good luck with your new friend

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 10-16-2017, 10:51 AM   #50
angelcornsnake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmart View Post
DollysMom knows what she talking about she has helped me loads good luck with your new friend

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you. I know. Always great advice!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google