CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > FAQ Development Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

FAQ Development Forum This area is reserved for the development and discussion of various FAQ documents for posting on this site. PLEASE! Only the moderator should post original threads here.

FAQ: Normal or Okeetee??

Old 01-08-2006, 06:04 PM   #11
TandJ
Now if you hit the refresh button on your browser, you will see that there has been a change..

Regards

Old 01-10-2006, 08:09 PM   #12
TandJ
If need be, I can direct intrested parties to the people I purchased the animal from, and from my best understanding this Abbott came from the Daytona show from a breeder on the east coast and brought back to So Cal to be sold at the their store...

Regards

Old 01-10-2006, 08:22 PM   #13
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by TandJ
If need be, I can direct intrested parties to the people I purchased the animal from, and from my best understanding this Abbott came from the Daytona show from a breeder on the east coast and brought back to So Cal to be sold at the their store...

Regards
If this comment is directed at me, I apologize for not making myself clear. I only suggested that you remove the "Abbott's" text from the graphic. I have no problem believing that the Okeetee in the graphic is an Abbott's.

Old 01-10-2006, 08:38 PM   #14
Joejr14
Uh, not trying to be an ass here, but....

First off, the rules on this forum state for the moderator to be the only one creating new posts. That doesn't bother me because the photo is definitely helpful with the noob questions regarding what is an okeetee and what isn't.

Secondly, this is not the place for this. Arguing about what is or is not an okeetee does not belong on a FAQ development thread.

Would you guys mind taking it to the Morphs section?

Old 01-10-2006, 08:44 PM   #15
TandJ
Its not really directed at anyone Dean, I am sorry if it sounded snippity, its just that I get kind of cranky when people seem to doubt my integrity. I would not ever represent an animal in a deceptive way intentionally, which is why ( after it being pointed out that "phase" is not accpeted terminology ) I had the "phase" reference removed.. I figured if anyone wanted ( not just you, Jimmy, or Meg ) to know where and how I got the animal I would be more than willing to provide the information is all, if there was any refutes to my claim on this animal.. So no Dean, it was not directed anyone personally, I just don't need anyone to ever think they need to be questionable of myself or J for that matter..

Regards

Old 01-15-2006, 07:54 PM   #16
larryg
I think Locality snakes are a 'subset' of whatever phase you are discussing. For example, all Locality Okeetees are 'Okeetee phase', but not all Okeetee phase are Locality Okeetees. Saying Locality just takes it one step further. There are plenty of people working with Locality Okeetees, Locality Miamis, etc. It's not correct to say everybody has decided Locality doesn't matter anymore (for Corns.)

Old 01-15-2006, 08:43 PM   #17
Joejr14
And for the second time, the FAQ development area is not open for discussion or debate on the locality versus phase argument.

Thanks.

Old 01-15-2006, 09:19 PM   #18
larryg
It seems like it would be an obvious FAQ....

"What is the difference between Phase and Locality?"

Not "What makes a REAL Okeetee?" or whatever some people want to debate and argue about.

The answer to the difference between Phase and Locality is simple and leaves no room for debate.

Old 01-15-2006, 11:15 PM   #19
Joejr14
For the 3rd time, this is not the place.

Only the moderator should make original posts, and I let it slide because it was beneficial.

It then spiraled into a debate over the locality versus look---and I didn't want that to happen on this forum---it is NOT the place. I kindly asked that it be moved to the genetics forum, where it belongs.

Since people can't seem to get the hint, I'll just squash it---and I hate to do it, but again....not the place.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google