• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hello from Minnesota!

SilverPages

Horticulture-Herpatology
Hey all!

Just thought I'd introduce myself. Just joined today.
I'll be entering my 3rd year of college here in a few days. Very exciting.

I've loved snakes every since I can remember. But my parents absolute fobid me from every owning one, so I was stuck to just going to nature centers to handle them. That is, until I met my boyfriend. He owned two snakes when we started dating, and we are now up to 8. :eek:

I will post pictures when I can, but here's a list of what we've got:
0.0.1 Ball Python "Monty" (most likely a male, not confirmed)
0.0.1 Amel Corn "Noodle"
1.0 Normal Corn "Loki"
0.1 Butter Motley "Jazz" (currently lost somewhere in the house)
1.1 Columbian Boas (unnamed, just aquired them. suggestions would be welcomed!)
1.1 Dumerill's Boas "Ace" and "Duce"

Plus a pair of Bearded Dragons, but they're going to a new home on friday.

Well. that's me! Hi!

Welcome! I've been through Eagan once or twice, I have a relative in the twin cities area. Enjoy your new obsession, reptiles are the best.

yes, it very much has become and addiction. one i acquired mostly over this past summer. its kinda scary, now that i stop and look at it.

I am really having a hard time this year. Last year I was good and only aquired 2 more snakes. This year I am already sitting at 3 and I know that I would like to add a stripe to the collection but I have to get the remodel done on the snake room before I can even think about spending money on more snakes.

yea. i'm surprised my boyfriend is letting me get the three from you. (assuming we have that tank). i think he feels bad about me loosing Jazz. but after this, we're done until we get our own place. hopefully next year.

we'll be (hopefully) breeding our columbians come spring. we're pretty excited for it.

That is sweet of him. My husband made the mistake of telling me "I don't care how many snakes you have as long as we can afford them." Man that was the wrong thing to say to me. I was seeing saw me winning the snakey slot machine.

ha ha ha. i've put a limit of 10 adults. (dont want to limit hatchlings, since we're planning on breeding).

we cant afford (money and time) to have more than 10 adults. cuz we have two cats as well, and his dog. and by the time we get our own place and settle down, i'll have a dog. and neither of us are going into fields that make a lot of money...

Yeah and you have a few that are going to be big eaters so you definitely make sure you pay attention to cost. My brother in law bred red tail boas and I look at his food bill and say NO THANK YOU! I will stick my my corns.

Back