• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

is this a corn snake?!

darkmorning1 said:
yup his cute i just took him out for a few (as in sec's) lol am still scared of him a bit.lol i think we feel the same way about each other. we arint sure whos gonna eat who. his nice to a point. lol

If you just fed him today, I wouldn't handle him for 48 hours. Being caught and put in an enclosure and then being handled after eating could possibly make him regurge. Let him calm down for a few days, give him time to digest and then hold him. He might be a little more mellow after he's gotten used to his surroundings.

I always try to wait until after they poo to take them out, lol. I haven't been pooped on by a snake yet, so I try to avoid it.

By the way, he is a very good looking snake. Since he is wild caught, I would probably have him checked out by a vet to make sure he doesn't have internal (or external!) parasites.

Good luck!

Let's just say he _does_ have internal parasites. It'd be a miracle to find a WC snake that didn't, unless you watched it hatch.

Nanci

yeah i noticed he went to the bathroom this morning but i will still wait after he settles down im taking him to the vet just to make sure

That's a good idea, then you can start out with a clean snake and avoid problems months or years from now. Plus it's always nice ot have your vet familiar with an animal before you have to make an emergency visit.

Nanci

yeah i dont think my vet knows alot about snakes.(the one i take my sog/cat/rabbit/everything else too) but there are snake "vets" (i didnt know they where even real) that work at a snake shop near me. they said that i can bring it there they will look at it tell me if its a girl or boy and see if its ok. since they have so many snakes they have there own vet

very pretty little fellow! And yeah, finding experienced snake people can help you get him free of any internal parasites and tell you if it is a boy or a girl. Looking good so far! Congrats on your new pet. Very nice.

So you need a preferably fresh poo to look for parasites. You could take the one you have and put it in a ziplock in the fridge if you're taking him to the vet soon.

Nanci

This looks a lot like what I have. Perhaps I should give it a second chance? If I do, Ill try the paperclip through that locking hole. (I will use a nail though) Im going to keep painter tapeing her in for now.

woodz61 said:
To give that corn its true name it is a Miami phase corn.

No ,not at all. That is just a common colored corn from the wild of Fl. It will brown out as it reaches adult hood . The top of the back in between the saddles will be the color. The backround color will be a orange to tan/ orange, The bloches will be a Indian red to burnt orange. That is typical colored corn from Fl. That is a nice healthy snake. Nice find good luck with it .Let us know more about how it is doing, looking forward to see it as a adult

woodz61 said:
It's Miami phase,

It has deep red saddles on rich grey - miami phase

Normal phase are more orange
Nope-- it's not Miami phase. The snake has a gray and tan ground color, but that doesn't disqualify it. What does disqualify it is the amount of orange you can see on the ground color, particularly between the saddles on the neck. This orange will spread and eventually saturate the ground color.

you are only looking at the side of the snake pic is fuzzy but if you look close you will see that the side is not all gray. I have miami phase and have had loads of wild stock Fl. corns over many years . That is a typical Fl corn look at all the pics and you will see all the orange on the back of the animal. a snake of that size would not have that much orange on it.

Thanx Roy I'm glad you see what I see

The second photo shows that the ground colour is grey.

The third photo has an orange tinge to it because it has been taken through the plastic viv (which has a orange tinge)

woodz61 said:
The second photo shows that the ground colour is grey.

The third photo has an orange tinge to it because it has been taken through the plastic viv (which has a orange tinge)

that is not a miami, look at the third picture from the top you can see the orange along the spine between the saddles and if its the cage then why is it so strong in those spots? in the first two pics at a glance it looks similar to a miami but if you look close you can see the burnt orange in all the pictures especially the third one. so its def. not a miami phase :bang:

Back