• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hatchling pics!!

ghosthousecorns

I only did the one pairing of corns this year, nothing fancy, this clutch should be just ghost and hypo with about half motleys. With a little luck there may be a stripe in there also. I was not even going to breed corns this year but people do ocassionally ask me for ghost corns and it's a favorite morph of mine :) They are 50% poss cinder too!

Attachments

• zipporahbabies3.jpg
    zipporahbabies3.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 227
  • zipporahbabies2.jpg
    zipporahbabies2.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 229
  • zipporahbabies1.jpg
    zipporahbabies1.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 228
Here are a few more photos of these babies. As you can see I got a couple ghost mots and lots of nice ghosts and hypos...

Attachments

• SAM_5975.JPG
    SAM_5975.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 184
  • SAM_5976.JPG
    SAM_5976.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 184
  • SAM_5982.JPG
    SAM_5982.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 183
  • SAM_5985.JPG
    SAM_5985.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 184
  • SAM_5979.JPG
    SAM_5979.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 183
All but 3 of these babies took their first pink on the first try! (F/T Pinks thawed in boiled water) There were 21 total in the clutch: 4 ghost motley, 7 ghost, 3 hypo motley, 7 hypo. I did not attempt to sex them since they had full bellies.
Individual photos are on iherp if anybody wants to see, but here are some close ups, first a ghost and then 4 hypos with differing eye colors, I wonder why all the ghost have blue eyes, some of the hypos also have light colored eyes, but others have brown eyes?

Attachments

• BEghost 107.jpg
    BEghost 107.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 75
  • Hypo eye 121.jpg
    Hypo eye 121.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 75
  • Hypo eye 119 brown.jpg
    Hypo eye 119 brown.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 76
  • Hypo eye 118.jpg
    Hypo eye 118.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 76
  • Blue eyed hypo 117.jpg
    Blue eyed hypo 117.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 76
A few full body shots: Ghost motley, ghost, hypo motley, hypo

Attachments

• gm 14102.jpg
    gm 14102.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 73
  • ghost14108.jpg
    ghost14108.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 73
  • hypo mot 14115.jpg
    hypo mot 14115.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 75
  • ziggy hypo 14112.jpg
    ziggy hypo 14112.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 74
Ooh, that first ghost motley is such a perfect motley. Definitely my favorite of those four. Glad to hear that most of them ate on the first try.

From now on this is going to be my new first feeding technique: wait 4-5 days after their first shed and then offer a thawed pinky doused with boiling water. 18 out of 21 is really good.

Unfortunately that last hypo Christen liked was one of the stubborn non eaters- you can tell by the fact it's the only one without a food lump lol. The mom throws cool ziggy patterns sometimes.

Second feeding, all 18 of the ones that ate the first time around ate again, and one of the holdouts ate (the hypo)
I did a preliminary sexing, I will be double checking the supposed females once more after they digest this meal. Then they will be offered for sale!

Back