• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Regurgitation - Worried!

It helps me to remember that even babies can go for months without food and live. Try not to stress too much about a couple weeks of not eating.

Good luck! I hope he eats for you soon!

Still nothing.

I waited a few days, let him settle, then offered another pinkie head. No luck, so I kept him in his feeding bin and left him in the tank overnight. Woke up this morning and the head was still there. Still no signs of shedding, he's just as bright eyed and shiny as they day I got him. And I think he's too young to be going on a male's hunger strike.

Oh man...
Any other thoughts anyone? Or do I just kinda keep up with offering food every few days?

How big is the feeding bin? You'll want to use something fairly small, like a 4 " deli cup, where it's just him and his mouse. Wait a couple of days and try again....it's all you can do at this point. Keep us up to date. Good luck!

Mitch

@Naagas
Thanks!

@Mitch
Yes, his feeding bin is the deli cup that I got him in and it is about 4 1/2 in. in diameter. And thanks!

@Nanci
I've been making it fairly hot. I put it in a little cup of hot tap water for a little bit until it gets pretty warm. After he refused to take it from me, I reheated it then put him and the food together in the deli cup and back into the tank overnight.

Two attempts at feeding later, still nothing. Every time I try, he simply doesn't act interested at all. All he wants to do is try to get out of his feeding cup. Even when I leave him in there at night, I can hear him pushing up on the lid. <:l

Hmmm.This is a bummer. From what I can gather, it has now been about a month since this snake has ate, correct? How old/big is it. I'll assume it's fairly young since you are feeding it pinks. While I wouldn't think the snake is in emminent danger just yet, I honestly don't know, we're past the point where I feel comfortable giving you advice without knowing the size/age of the snake. I just have no experience with this problem. I'm sure someone here with more experience dealing with non-feeders will chime in, but they are also gonna want to know the size/age. Like I said, I don't think it's in emminent danger just yet, but I'm going to defer to someone else. I do know there are other things that can be tried (force feeding, scenting etc.), but WHEN you have to resort to these tactics, I don't know. Tell us the size/age and I'm sure SOMEONE will give you advice. Good luck, Mitch.

What is going on with his temps now? I think if your high is 85, I might bump him up 3 degrees. Have you tried feeding him in his viv? I wouldn't normally do that, but it might be worth a try. Is he active?

I'm not sure of his age, I just know that he was sold to me as "baby" which would be less than a year old, I would think. He's about 18in long and I haven't weighed him.

I'll up his temps on the warm side to high 80s. I haven't tried to feed him in his viv so I'll try that next. And yes, he's fairly active. He won't come out and cruise around, but he will come out at night and sit on top of his hide and he's drinking often.

Me again, so sorry guys.

Still no luck, but something else seems to have come up.

Over the last week, every time I've gotten him out to attempt to feed him, I've noticed small abrupt noises that sound like sneezing along with an occasional quick, soft popping noise. This started about a week ago, so I'm thinking that if it's because he's getting ready to shed he would have gone blue by now but so far I've noticed no change in his appearance.

Anyone think that this is related to him not eating or am I running into a whole new problem entirely?

The first thing I would think is shed. Is it possible you have missed the blue period and he is now clear? If it persists, he needs to see a vet.

Back