• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

American chameleon

MotleyMedusa7

lovin' my sweet corns
Ok, so that's just a fancy nickname for Carolina 'green' anoles :) Anyway,this one let me take its picture,never even tried to get away,actually I had to make him get off. :)

2itfpn4.jpg

zo8cnq.jpg

19mj40.jpg

I think maybe the ones around my house are used to my daughter's "catch & release" program lol,she's 9 & has been catching them to look at for about 5 years,I barely even see any with dropped tails anymore :)

Ooh pretty! I really like anoles, always thought it would be neat to have a few as pets with their bright colors. It's always fun to see them hunting at the pet store, they think they are fierce little dinosaurs. :D

they are really funny,I have a few males that have do a daily routine of 'pushups' on my porch,I hope to catch a video of it sometime :)

I wish I had green lizards where I live! I guess if you live in the desert, brown is the best camouflage.

Very cool little guy!

Yeah, I like green lizards, myself! I wish anoles were easier to properly keep. When I retire, I might set up a group of green anoles as an apology to all the ones I bought and tried to care for as a kid!

Great pics!

When I retire, I might set up a group of green anoles as an apology to all the ones I bought and tried to care for as a kid!
!

I died when I read this.:laugh:

I've always loved anoles. That one is quite a looker!

I love green anoles, too. When I moved here, there were a lot. Then I got more and more brown anoles, till it was pretty rare to see the green anoles. I know they aren't native, but I enjoyed the brown anoles. They had some fierce lizard wars. Then we had the cold winter in, oh, 2010? No more brown anoles, and they haven't come back. Now I have a thriving population of greens again.

I live on the very western part of their range so I don't get to see as many but I do know of a few colonies and I love watching them! Reminds of when I was a kid in Louisiana!

Back