• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Just an idea of what my viv will look like when i build it.

decadence

No pictures or anything yet though, just explaining it.

My vivarium will be 4 Tier and 3 cages in length. The top 3 rows of chambers will be 24" across and 18" in height each, the bottom row will be split into two chambers, one will be 24" across and the other will be 48" across both also being a height of 18". The entire vivarium will also have a depth of 18".

The vivarium will be made out of melamine wood and held together with screws/caps, silicone for sealing and will also use Dowel Pins for extra support.

Doors - i will probably use a sheet of plexi glass with glass door pivot pins to swing doors open outward. I'll see what i can do about adding a wood trip around the glass to seal what ever gaps it may leave. I also planned on using the magnetic door clamps but thought that the snake would be able to push the door open, so i still plan on using the door clamps, just with some other type of latch to secure it more.

Now for the inside look.

Heating - I'll use heating cable like i saw in another topic here and seal a ceramic tile on top of it with silicone. I'm unsure of what kind of stats i'll use for the cages but i'm really liking these http://www.spyderrobotics.com/products/herpstat.html

Lighting - I'll use two types of lights, I'll use blue or red L.E.D. Rope for display purposes and i'll use a regular light for seeing better while cleaning or getting the snakes out for feeding in another cage.

Humidity - I'll probably just put in a little butter tub with some moss in it for them to go into or i can hook up the reptifogger for short bursts to keep the humidity around 40-50.

Bedding - I'll stick with the Aspen bedding but i'll mix it up some...for the snakes that our colorful i'll use the black aspen. For the snakes that are more darker i'll use the white aspen.

Decorations - The normal stuff, vines, hides, water dish.

This is just something that i've been thinking about for awhile now and more then likely it will change another 400 times before i actually sit down and put my never before used carpentry skills at work.

If anyone has any kind of other ideas at all then please feel free to post and let me know..give me links to show me or pictures work well also.

Sounds great! I'm also planning a new home for my corn. Since I work for a custom cabinet shop, I'll be making mine out of cherry and cherry ply. It will be about 48" wide and 44" high. It will have storage below, and wood framed plexi doors on the front. I also plan on using LED lighting. I can get small recessed lights that are equivalent to 20w halogens but only use about 1 watt each, and no heat.
Make sure to post pics when you're done!

Yup, i'll post pictures from the pile of material all the way to the finish...i was thinking though, having a stack that high, i'll probably want to make a nice thick base for balance?

Back