• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

sunglow

I've looked at their website and there are a number of atrocious spelling errors and pure misinformation in the glossary. That doesn't sound professional to me...but the site looks beautifully presented and that can make them seem more 'professional' than they are.

Dude, the snake isn't a sunglow. It's an amel. Sorry, but your 'informative' reptile shop doesn't know what they're talking about.

And your pictures are WAY too big.

sunglows are little or no white, he has very little, its the glare of him with the camara.
and everthing is perfect, look at there shop puicsm, there nothing different about it, everthing looks xactly like it, and they do know what thwere on about, i knwo thses guy, they have a different person in there for each herp, snakes, lizards frog, amphibians, and so on

ok, i was just looking at my pics and my snake, the pics do him no justive, those pics that look white, are are actulyl yellwo and oragne, its aglare, this pic shows him best

DSCF2541.jpg

Yeah but something else you need to take into consideration is that you have to look at the intensity of the orange. Your snakes background colour is not a solid orange it's what we have refered to in the past here as a 'vomitmel' -please don't take offence to that term, I didn't coin it. The background colour has to have some solidness to it to be rich enough to call sunglow.

I'm defrosting some mice right now to do some feedings tonight, so I'll take out a few of my amels to photograph and show you the difference.

Hi..my Names Diane and im new here i like to say hi to everyone..i have 2 adult corns which have produced 2 clutches of eggs this year ,i currently have 14 hatchlings.
when i read this post i took it upon myself to check the information the nightmare had given..and if any of you have the kathy love comprehensive owners guide, on page 157 you will see that she states..." This is one of the most popular strains today that exhibits blotches that range from deep red to red /orange with very little or no white"..i think this little fella qualifys to be a sunglow..wouldnt you agree. i have bred snakes for a good many years and would say he is a sunglow..and seeing as kathy love description matches this little fella......who are we to argue.....

Welcome Diane...but I don't see what your picture has to do with the sunglow subject? (no offence)

Am I missing something here? :shrugs:

your_only_nightmare said:
sunglows are little or no white,

Really... I think you have a nice looking Amel there. By the description stated above this would be considered a "Sunglow" according to their "guidelines"
He's not, he's just a good looking Amel, much like you have there. Congrats :cheers:
9a41f825.jpg

Thankyou silentLore, that perfectly illustrates what I mean by the intensity of the orange background colour being a factor AS WELL AS the little or no white factor.

I agree with Princess, the site looked good but the information wasn't perfectly, exactly right. I also agree with everyone else in saying your snake is an amel. A very nice one, but still only an amel.

Here's Dinka my amel;

dinakflower2.jpg

And here's Mahina my Sunglow mot;

mahinaflower1.jpg

Notice how on Mahina that even though the picture is a little too bright none of her looks white? Well, except for her belly, but ya know.. :)

Just my $0.02...

hana
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/imhana/snakes/mahinaflower1.jpg

I'm not too sure why you seem to be getting so offended as to people trying to help you correctly label your lil' hatchling there.

Only trying to help... we're not looking to bully you or anything. :wavey:

Look, this is a sunglow:

Attachments

• Picture 076.jpg
    Picture 076.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 426
  • Picture 079.jpg
    Picture 079.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 425
I thought it was clear why i posted that picture..for you to compare nightmares snake and my snake..my snake has lots of white and is an amel..nightmares has very little white so qualifys to be a sunglow.....why do you all insist it isnt a sunglow anyway.?it clearly states in the book,that it is a sunglow.thats good enough for me..if you think you are better at identyfying snakes ,then maybe you should publish a book..sorry guys but all i can see is that most on here have an attitude and this is the first post i have read. dare i read more?

Back