• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Is Snakey going to be ok?

Wow!

I DO know what it is to be busy. It is a double-edged sword, to say the least! Being a social worker in NYC, ESPECIALLY during and after 9/11, I was busier than a hooker at an Elk's convention!! So in that sense, my condolences!

Just wondering if it is possible your little sneaky one might have REABSORBED that egg, or slug, or whatever the hell it is, or was?

Will keep BOTH of you in my thought & prayers!

Happy Holiday!!!

Wow!

I DO know what it is to be busy. It is a double-edged sword, to say the least! Being a social worker in NYC, ESPECIALLY during and after 9/11, I was busier than a hooker at an Elk's convention!! So in that sense, my condolences!

Just wondering if it is possible your little sneaky one might have REABSORBED that egg, or slug, or whatever the hell it is, or was?

Will keep BOTH of you in my thought & prayers!

Happy Holiday!!!

Haha thanks Axis1!

It is definitely still in there... You can easily see and feel a very prominent lump just in front of her vent. Like I said, she is very active compared to how she usually is so that would lead me to believe that she is feeling pretty good! Whatever is in there, egg/slug/impaction.... It needs to come out asap!

Thanks for the love!

Haha thanks Axis1!

It is definitely still in there... You can easily see and feel a very prominent lump just in front of her vent. Like I said, she is very active compared to how she usually is so that would lead me to believe that she is feeling pretty good! Whatever is in there, egg/slug/impaction.... It needs to come out asap!

Thanks for the love!

I hear ya!

In other words, "RAY CHARLES COULD SEE IT!," huh? Sorry to hear that but definitely keep us posted!!

I hear ya!

In other words, "RAY CHARLES COULD SEE IT!," huh? Sorry to hear that but definitely keep us posted!!

I will get a picture up soon. She is a pretty girl! She just has a little too much junk in the trunk at the moment! Haha!

Hey guys!

Sorry for the long overdue update and the fact that I forgot to post pics! It has been really crazy with trying to move out of state while still working 60 hours a week! Ehhh im tired...

Anyway! Here is the update! Snakey really struggled with that last egg but she was able to pass it! She finally got it out along with like 4 meals worth of poop... Then she decided to shed like 5 min slater... She had a rough day haha!

She is all good to go now! After all the action I gave her a big meal that she seemed to be pretty happy about, did one lap around her enclosure, went into her cave on the hot side, and took a well deserved snake nap...

Thanks for all the love and support guys! It helped a lot and im sure Snakey appreciated it haha!

This seems to be quite the year for egg bound snakes. We have had 4 in the clinic here so far. (I sure hope it's over as it is no fun ) We have successfully aspirated all but one of them (unfortunately my own amel :(( ) Her egg was actually fused to her uterus. We attempted to remove the uterus, but she did not make it through the surgery. I sure hope Snakey is okay!! I am so lucky tho to work for a really well versed vet. She worked in England for 7 years before coming back state side and did a ton of exotic work.

Hey guys!

Sorry for the long overdue update and the fact that I forgot to post pics! It has been really crazy with trying to move out of state while still working 60 hours a week! Ehhh im tired...

Anyway! Here is the update! Snakey really struggled with that last egg but she was able to pass it! She finally got it out along with like 4 meals worth of poop... Then she decided to shed like 5 min slater... She had a rough day haha!

She is all good to go now! After all the action I gave her a big meal that she seemed to be pretty happy about, did one lap around her enclosure, went into her cave on the hot side, and took a well deserved snake nap...

Thanks for all the love and support guys! It helped a lot and im sure Snakey appreciated it haha!

Well that's just HEAVY, FAR-OUT, & RIGHT-ON! :dancer::dancer::dancer:

It's not a common thing to see such a good outcome after such a long and difficult road!! I'm extremely happy for you & Snakey!!! :cheers:

She MUST be feeling massively better after all of that. Sweet thing. (Smile)

Back