CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Keeping eggs hydrated

Old 04-06-2002, 10:05 PM   #1
Brian Miller
Keeping eggs hydrated

I have a cutch of eggs that I am keeping in perilite. I was wondering how do I keep the eggs hydrated. A few of the eggs are dehydrated. What is the best way to try and save these eggs. Is there a certain way to moisen the the perilite. Thanks for the help.

Old 04-06-2002, 10:23 PM   #2
Iris
If you put a little water into the container, it will stay on the bottom beneath the perilite. Then (if you have it covered) the water will condense on its own and keep the eggs moist. Or, you can use a spray bottle with WARM (not cold because it could shock the eggs) water and spray the eggs whenever they seem dehydrated. Or put a damp papertowel over the eggs if they are not sealed in a container.

Old 04-07-2002, 09:47 AM   #3
Kevin M
Should be able to just pur water in the substrate yourself to hydrate the eggs. Be careful not to add too much or get water directly on the eggs.

-Kev

Old 04-09-2002, 12:15 AM   #4
Peter
Last year I had 3 clutches that were in sphagnum moss, no holes in the containers, I just burped a little fresh air in there at least once a week and I had 100% hatch rate and I rarely if ever had to add water. I definately never had any problems with caving in or dimpled eggs.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google