CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Nanci's SnickerSnakes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Nanci's SnickerSnakes Welcome to SnickerSnakes- where the pretty snakes are! I love striped cornsnakes in red, white, purple, peach and pink. Foundation stock, breeding plans, and hopefully hatchling news!

Exciting News!!

Old 02-02-2010, 07:07 PM   #11
Nanci
Well, Azaria is on the plane! No, she is not named after Hank Azaria. She is named after a real person.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:33 AM   #12
snakemom1961
Congrats Nanci! On both accounts. Can't wait to see the new snake and the new webpage! Am very happy for you.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:45 AM   #13
Susielea
Congrats on all the exciting stuff Nanci!

I think I might know what/who Azaria is, would it have anything to do with Adlai?

Hmm, I wonder what your domain name could be?

Old 02-03-2010, 02:29 PM   #14
Nanci
Azaria is here! She's named after Azaria Chamberlain, the baby. As in "The Dingo took my baby!" She's the future bride of The Dingo. Sister of Adlai. In accordance with my new new snake policy, she got probed the minute she got out of her shipping container! Yup, she's a girl. Yay!

She is just a sweetheart, too. Her "group" is due to feed Friday. I'll probably let her go till Wednesday, unless she's out and about a lot.

I don't know what the temps were in Colorado when John sent her. I was afraid to look! When she arrived, she had her heat pack taped to the styrofoam. 125F. A non-frozen ice pack registered 85F. John likes to use those as heat sinks, to hold heat (or cold). She was separated from all that my crumpled newspaper. She was moving and tongue-flicking when I opened her up at FedEx.

It is warm enough here that I felt safe taking her out for a mini-photo shoot. Plus she's so mellow and relaxed.

Old 02-04-2010, 03:34 PM   #15
The_Thunderer
OOOOOOHHHHH!!!! Azaria is BEAUTIFUL and BRIGHT! Awesome, Nanci! She a Cayenne Fire???

Old 02-04-2010, 05:49 PM   #16
maxfox426
Oooo! That is all very exciting! And Azaria is beeeyoooootiful!

Old 02-04-2010, 06:05 PM   #17
Nanci
Here's the incubator. It's nice, but even smaller than I expected...I'll be lucky to get one clutch in it. Oh well...

Old 02-04-2010, 06:10 PM   #18
JeniDB
That's a nifty incubator.. And I guess the snake isn't bad, either. :P Kidding!

Old 02-05-2010, 11:30 AM   #19
Nanci
Oh boy...I just ordered enough bins for two more 5-slot AP 66 qt racks!! I'm waiting till the bins get here to place my order with AP, but I am virtually certain that they are still the correct bins with no latches.

NO MORE SNAKES!!! How many babies do I have? Seven. Two empty slots right now, plus Zee could easily downsize to a ten gallon. So even counting the SSS baby from KJ expected this summer, and a SSSS from Carol, expected this summer, and keeping a couple baby Peppers/Rubies- I should be okay. My house is ridiculous, though. Every wall is solid snakes, except for the sofa. And where are the hatchling racks going to go? Kitchen table, that's my plan...

Old 02-07-2010, 10:48 AM   #20
Nanci
The website is making amazing progress! Stef is _wonderful_ to work with!!! I love her designs. You guys are going to _die_ when you see it!!!

The incubator is set at 80F, and ranging from 77 to 81. I may have seen 82 once. I think that is a good range. Any opinions?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google