CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

Cottonmouth

Old 12-22-2017, 02:19 AM   #1
Rich Z
Cottonmouth

Connie and I had to take a drive out into the Apalachicola National Forest earlier today and on the way spotted this cottonmouth sunning himself right on the sandy road. Well, I had my newfangled Samsung Galaxy S8+ smart phone with me, so heck, why not use that to take some pics and video of it?

Didn't turn out too bad for 4K, I guess, but the shadows seem to be excessively dark to me. Might be some settings in the phone to correct that, but it's not something I have had much reason to look into yet.

Anyway, I guess it IS nice to be able to take 4K video at the drop of a hat just using your phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvRZXRbFJP4

Old 12-22-2017, 09:35 AM   #2
Twolunger
My wife is hinting that she would like to move up to a new smart phone. I cringe at the thought, as it took me hours to explain her tablet, over and over. I do have a camera option on my flip phone, just in case I run into an awesome snake. LOL. My friends and family have become accustomed to me yelling "pull over" when I spot a snake along the road.

Old 12-23-2017, 10:44 AM   #3
Karl_Mcknight
That's a beautiful animal and she looks like she is waiting for you to reach down and rub her head.

Old 12-23-2017, 11:52 AM   #4
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl_Mcknight View Post
That's a beautiful animal and she looks like she is waiting for you to reach down and rub her head.
I'm sure had I done that, it would have become a very notable moment for me... I'm sure all the staff at the hospital would have gotten a chuckle out of that story.

Actually, now that I think of it, I actually did just that to a rather large gray rat snake I saw along the road a few years ago. He didn't seem to mind at all.

Old 12-23-2017, 07:03 PM   #5
Nanci
One of my favorite snakes! Too bad they get such a bad rap.

Old 12-23-2017, 07:04 PM   #6
Nanci
She's so relaxed- she knows you're not a threat.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google