CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Super Tessera

Old 03-05-2013, 10:22 PM   #1
Richard Hume
Super Tessera

Thought I'd post a few pictures of the only, I believe, super tessera to date. The story on this guy is that he was produced by Graham Criglow and subsequently acquired by Don Shores. Don bred it to a single female the first year and produced 16 out of 16 tesseras. In the second year he bred it to two females and produced 30 out of 30 tesseras.

If you look at the snake's side pattern it is much more "faded out" than a regular tessera. It is quite odd that there haven't been more of these popping up, although the tessera morph is still relatively new, and it's possible that people could actually have a super version and not even realize it.

This male was acquired by Vin Russo from Don this past summer. We have a number of females to breed to him this season - a fire stripe, striped blood, peppermint, ultramel, okeetee, and one or two more. He certainly will be quite busy in a few weeks.

Thanks for looking!
Rich Hume

Old 03-05-2013, 10:43 PM   #2
LMS68
Gorgeous!!!

Old 03-06-2013, 12:10 AM   #3
SMDminnesota
Awesome looking snake! I had read somewhere a long time ago that super tessera was thought to be lethal. Never really looked into it much after that but clearly that is not the case.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:35 AM   #4
MindsEyeExotics
That's awesome. It makes sense that there is a super form. Just as I believe there is a super form of many co-dominant morphs, it's just not visual sometimes. I had (and also read about someone else who had) a spider ball python that looked visually the same but when bred to a normal all 3 times every egg was a spider, could be luck, but I think it wasn't. Good luck with your projects

Old 03-06-2013, 05:19 AM   #5
fyrefocks
I'm working on producing my own "supers" right now. If you figure out any determining characteristics as to what is super and what isn't, I'd love to know.

Best of luck!

Old 03-06-2013, 05:49 PM   #6
Tom Tuttle
Great looking addition Rich!

Old 03-06-2013, 05:56 PM   #7
nmoore601
Was this was from the original tess x Tess breeding? I have some that will be tested from Tess x Tess breeding's. Is the super het?

Old 03-06-2013, 06:05 PM   #8
mattsnake
great looking snake with awesome genetics.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:04 PM   #9
chris68
Neat, kinda like the snake has the Midas Touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmoore601 View Post
Was this was from the original tess x Tess breeding?
Tess X Tess = a "super" Tess is a good question, would have to think it was the case...?

Old 03-06-2013, 11:37 PM   #10
Kaifyre
Erm .... Total noob question here, but .... What exactly is a "super" tessera? Also, what about the super tess gene was supposed to be lethal?
Thanks for helping!

-- Kaifyre

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google