CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

YEAH Hookup...but a question, blood.

Old 03-16-2004, 06:37 PM   #1
Lee Slikkers
YEAH Hookup...but a question, blood.

This is my 1st year breeding Corns and today my Amel pair hooked up for the 1st time...I am very happy, finally happened...but upon completion I noticed a fairly large amount of blood on the tile afterwards. Is this "normal" or fairly common or do I need to be concerned. They both appeared to be find afterwards and no continued bleeding...I couldn't even find out who it was from but I can only assume the female.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Lee

Old 03-16-2004, 06:39 PM   #2
Lee Slikkers

more

Old 03-16-2004, 06:40 PM   #3
Lee Slikkers

more

Old 03-16-2004, 10:07 PM   #4
JCam99
Dude did u like come to my house secretly and photo my snakes?? lol those 2 look exactly like the pair I've had breeding, exactly. that is too freaky. to answer your question though the blood isn't really a big deal, it happens sometimes. I think it is because sometimes the male separates from the female too early and it kind of rips her a bit. I think there was a post about that a few threads down recently.

Later
Jcam99

Old 03-17-2004, 06:58 AM   #5
Lee Slikkers
Thanks for the reply...I didn't see him drag her around or "rip" her much but then again I wasn't watching the entire process start to finish...the truth be told, I've put them together 5 times already this spring and other than extreme interest from him she has never cared either way about the whole idea...I put them together today on a whim, I hadn't in about 5 days and figured what the heck...I was honestly shocked to look in and see them hooked up. The Sunglow is the male and he is rather dull looking today as I believe is about to shed in the next 4-6 days...but she is in her glory and packing on the grams weekly so I can only assume that she is gravid or rapidly heading that way.

I hope you are correct and I have nothing to worry about...thanks again,

Lee

Old 03-17-2004, 11:51 AM   #6
JCam99
Hey

I think you're okay, it looks nasty I know but it happens sometimes. As long as they aren't bleeding anymore and are acting okay it should be fine. So the sunglow one is your male? My female looks like that one (btw how do u tell that it's a sunglow, b/c it looked like there was a little bit of white around the saddles) and my male looks like the regular albino. He's about 43" long and she's about 55", he likes her a lot this year. Actually mine mated pretty much every other day from March 5 and I put them together yesterday but she wouldnt allow it, but she's pretty fat now so I'm assuming she's gravid.

Maybe my female is a sunglow too. I'll have to post some pics.
Later
Jcam99

Old 03-17-2004, 12:34 PM   #7
Lee Slikkers
Hmmm, I was only assuming that he was Sunglow...I didn't realize that NO white was allowed to show in order to be called that...heck I am new to this stuff Ok, so he's an orange amel hows that?? any help would be appreciated....

Lee

Old 03-17-2004, 12:40 PM   #8
JCam99
Hehe I'm not totally sure on what defines a sunglow either myself. I don't really know much about them. It's just that if yours is a sunglow then mine would probably be considered one also. But orange amel, who cares about the name? Bottom line is you have a really pretty snake. Hope she gets gravid.

Jcam99

Old 03-17-2004, 12:43 PM   #9
Lee Slikkers
Thanks and I agree 100% , thanks for the kind wishes on being "with egg" and I hope you have the same good luck as well...thanks

Lee

Old 03-20-2004, 05:12 PM   #10
oreo
The blood happens

The blood happens once in a while as the female usually initiates seperation and the male isnt down for it. King snakes are typical long breeders mine last 3-4 hours a piece. Corns in my experience are much shorter. If she wants out and he says no she with evict him with athority. Some times it can result in bad eggs and sometimes it wont dont worry too much you cant control what happens in the first place.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google