CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Corn hasn't shown himself after moving

Old 08-29-2017, 08:55 AM   #1
smale492
Corn hasn't shown himself after moving

So about a week ago I moved houses across my town and my snake has not been out and about since. I had him downstairs and my roomie has dogs so i thought maybe the dogs were scaring him. I moved him upstairs to my room now since I just got a table for him. I still have yet to see him come out besides a head poke out week ago when he was still down stairs.

Should I be worried or is this kinda expected after a move and so much change and adjustment.

He hasn't shed in awhile so I thought maybe he is going into his shed since he normally never shows himself at all once he is about to.

Old 08-29-2017, 10:43 AM   #2
Twolunger
Give him time. You mentioned two of the reasons he may be hiding. Either can be the reason, but if he hasn't shed in a while I'd bet on that. My corns are curious about their surroundings and I think he will be too.

Old 08-29-2017, 01:24 PM   #3
smale492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twolunger View Post
Give him time. You mentioned two of the reasons he may be hiding. Either can be the reason, but if he hasn't shed in a while I'd bet on that. My corns are curious about their surroundings and I think he will be too.
Yeah just hope he is ok

Old 08-31-2017, 01:32 PM   #4
Amanda47
I'd had my corns for four years in the same place, but after I moved, they hid for two weeks or more (one of them was a month). They were all unusually twitchy and jumpy when being handled too. Just takes time to get over the trip and get used to the new place, I guess.

Old 08-31-2017, 01:44 PM   #5
Twolunger
Look at it from the snake's perspective, he feels safe and secure in his environment and then finds himself in strange surroundings. His natural instinct would cause him to hide and check things out slowly to make sure no predators are lurking nearby. Having said that, I moved over a dozen corns 1700 miles and fed them all the next day. None were shy about coming out to eat. That instinct must have trumped the other one. LOL.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google