• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Snake in my laundry room!!!

Arpolis

Corn Snake Breeder
Haha

I was out of the house and my wife said the kids found a snake in our laundry room. Looks to be an Oklahoma Lined snake. Basically a little burrowing earthworm eating colubrid. Kinda cute. But not sure if the best pet. I had my wife put him in my hatchling rack for tonight but I'll let him go tomorrow.

IMG_1585.JPG

Now my girls are convinced we have to keep the little guy. Maybe I can make a deep dirt filled tank and use balloons to make tunnels in the dirt visible from the sides. I am not sure what I can do to make the snake both happy and still be able to be viewed so still appealing to my girls. But at any sight of the snake looking too stressed or not eating and back to the wild she goes.

Very cool!! I never get snakes in my house...

There was once I came into the home and found a yearling black rat snake on top of one of my rat breeding colony cages. There was a metal mesh lid so he could not get in but he was directly above a little of day old pinky rats. He was hungry. I placed him in a cage and fed him pinkies for a few weeks until I let him go.

Back