CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

World record Corn Snake Clutches?

Old 05-02-2004, 10:31 AM   #11
Clint Boyer
I have one female that consistantly lays clutches in the upper 30's. One year she layed 41 eggs with 3 of those being slugs. She hasn't laid yet this year, so we'll see.

Old 05-02-2004, 11:16 AM   #12
ecreipeoj
WOW Clint, 41 eggs! with 38 of them being fertile ones. That has to be a top contender.

I checked the records of my best layer, which is an Amel het Snow. Last year was her best year as far as babies produced. She laid 33 eggs and 1 plug the first clutch and 23 eggs from the second clutch and I hatched out every fertile egg for a total of 56 babies from her.

In 2002, she laid more eggs/plugs, but a lot of plugs. She laid 34 plugs and 5 eggs for the first clutch and then came back with 28 eggs and 2 plugs for the second clutch. The total potential was 69 eggs, but 36 of them were plugs.

Last night, I got another clutch over 20. This Snow Motley was bred to a Red Amel Motley het snow and laid 21 good eggs and no plugs.

Old 05-02-2004, 11:20 AM   #13
ecreipeoj
Close up

Close up.

I always try to feed my females a meal of fuzzys or pinkys as soon as I get them out of the lay box and they get a drink. This girl ate 12 fuzzy mice like they were candy. I love females that will eat right away after laying. They seem to be the ones that are more likely to double clutch and keep their weight on for next year.

Old 05-02-2004, 09:44 PM   #14
ecreipeoj
Ice X Lava het Ice

This female is an F2 from my Amel het snow that is my best layer. She laid 19 eggs last year and just laid 25 today. No plugs!

Old 05-02-2004, 09:47 PM   #15
ecreipeoj
Close up. This female is not particularly large. She is from a 2000 hatch. I noticed that her eggs were smaller than some of the others I have gotten recently.

Old 05-02-2004, 10:01 PM   #16
ecreipeoj
Size comparison

I have always been surprised by the different size and appearance of some of the Corn Snake eggs. I do not see this in my milks and kings.

25 Lava Corn Snake eggs on the left from today and 21 Snow Motley eggs on the right from yesterday.

Old 05-03-2004, 11:50 AM   #17
Kat
Quote:
I always try to feed my females a meal of fuzzys or pinkys as soon as I get them out of the lay box and they get a drink. This girl ate 12 fuzzy mice like they were candy.
Shoot... most of mine will eat standard-size food items right out of the nestbox, atleast that's the trend this year. I've never bothered with fuzzies...

-Kat

Old 05-03-2004, 12:05 PM   #18
corn on the cob
today my 3 year old ghost corn layed her 30 th egg on her first time breed and all look good.

Old 05-03-2004, 01:19 PM   #19
ecreipeoj
Quote:
Originally posted by Kat
Shoot... most of mine will eat standard-size food items right out of the nestbox, atleast that's the trend this year. I've never bothered with fuzzies...

-Kat

Some of mine may do that, but I have got so use to them being finicky when the get close to going into their pre-laying shed and I still have some that will not eat at all until they go through their post laying shed, that I offer them something they almost can't refuse.

I just try to get something in them because the poor things look like flat tires after they lay. Usually, after their post egg laying shed, I have to be careful that they don't hit the mouse I am holding in front of them so hard that they land on the floor. LOL

I have a cool clutch being laid at this very moment that I will post later, when she is done.

Old 05-03-2004, 02:54 PM   #20
Marcel Poots
This is a 2002 female. First timer obviously.. She laid 19 good eggs.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google