CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snakes Wanted Looking for something special and you don't know who has it for sale? Post what you are looking for here and see if you get any bites.

corn snake wanted in arizona

Old 03-04-2014, 04:06 AM   #31
smigon
What kind of heat and regulator are you using? What were the temps on the warm side and on the cold side before they died? This could have also led to the improper digestion and death of your snakes.

The cold room is a factor, but if you have the proper heating for your viv then the snakes can burrow to a comfortable place.

Old 03-04-2014, 11:04 PM   #32
smigon
How many and what were the books you read on Corn Snakes before you got your first one?

Have you read any of the stickies at the tops of these forums on the proper care of corn snakes?

I agree with everyone else, you are so young and don't have the means to care for them yourself. If you have to rely financially on someone who obviously doesn't care about the well being of the snakes and are willing to let an animal die instead of helping it, please don't get one now.

You will be going off to college in a few years, are you prepared to take the snake with you? Perhaps having to find off-campus housing if the dorms won't allow snakes? Corns last for 20 years, you will be 35 when your corn has lived a full life. Can you picture that far ahead?

They are a big commitment, easy to have as a pet AS LONG AS YOU HAVE THE MONEY to keep them healthy and clean. Not having substrate to clean a tank is absolutely no excuse. I am sure you have paper towels or newspaper you could use instead. Letting an animal live in its own feces is downright animal cruelty.

I know the words are harsh, but they are all in the best interest of the snake.

Old 03-06-2014, 11:32 PM   #33
anerythristic/okeete
thanks for all the advice i can be very naive at times

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google