CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Wilma and Callisto 2014

Old 05-16-2014, 11:13 PM   #41
Christen
Oh yeah the wait is going to be so long. I can't wait and I don't even have the eggs.

Old 05-20-2014, 09:36 PM   #42
Kate
What beautiful eggs!!!! I am thrilled for you!

Old 05-24-2014, 12:48 PM   #43
hypnoctopus
I did not get the chance to weigh Wilma right after she laid, but I weighed her today after her post-lay shed and she's down to 299. She was right around 431 before she laid.

I've decided to take new candling pictures once a week, to see if I can see any progress. It felt like the veins were easier to see this time. Here's a new picture (although it's probably not the same egg as before):

Old 05-24-2014, 12:52 PM   #44
Tavia
Awesome picture!

Old 05-25-2014, 01:47 AM   #45
smigon
OH YAY!!! I don't visit this topic often since I don't breed, I am sorry I wasn't there for the whole pregnancy! But the best is still yet to come, and I will be waiting with you.

Congrats, Mamacita!

Old 05-25-2014, 02:02 AM   #46
hypnoctopus
Quote:
Originally Posted by smigon View Post
OH YAY!!! I don't visit this topic often since I don't breed, I am sorry I wasn't there for the whole pregnancy! But the best is still yet to come, and I will be waiting with you.

Congrats, Mamacita!
Thanks! I'm super excited.

Old 05-30-2014, 11:51 PM   #47
hypnoctopus
Week 3 for the eggies! Is it weird that I like the way they smell? (Maybe it's the damp moss I'm smelling, I dunno.)

Are you able to see movement with candling once the eggs are farther along?

Old 05-31-2014, 12:33 AM   #48
Christen
I think that they smell dirty till the last week. That is the smell I like. You can see the movement. I should think if you aren't seeing it yet you should in the next week or so. I can see where the baby is sitting in that pic so it shouldn't be long. Usually about the 4 or 5 week mark you can see them sometimes move towards the light or sometimes you can tell they are annoyed and move fast. It is really kind of funny.

Old 05-31-2014, 01:53 AM   #49
smigon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
Usually about the 4 or 5 week mark you can see them sometimes move towards the light or sometimes you can tell they are annoyed and move fast. It is really kind of funny.
NICE, Christen, TEASE the babies!!! You think that's funny???

Well, yeah, it kind of is and I know I would giggle!

Old 05-31-2014, 02:26 AM   #50
Christen
LOL Every time it happens I say "Opps sorry baby" and of course my husband knows exactly what I am doing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google