• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

This year or wait?

Number 1 has popped as female :dancer:
I watched Kathy's video a few (ok, many!) times, and just kept getting wee-ed on when I tried.
Then I followed her advice (in the manual, I read and re-read the popping section a few, ok, many times) and popped my known male babies, Bret and Bonanza. Buoyed by success in popping them I gave the hatchling another try. No 'equipment' made an appearence! I'll try again post-shed, but if it's a girl I've got my keeper, and have chose a name already.

You got a head start on me, I still haven't figured out how to pop them. i'm waiting to get some advice from PJ and Jay (pjcreptiles) at the Portland, ME show.

So what's the name for the little girl, if she's your keeper that is?

Yeah, girls are the most tricky to be sure of. Try try and try again though!!!

Here is hoping!!! :cheers:

I'll save the name for when I've popped (hopefully) her again post-shed. When I wanted a rootin' tootin' wild west theme for my girls, Sisuit gave me a link to a site that's a great source of real women who were famous (or notorious) in the history of the west

Just checked, and the prolapse on #2 looks worse. Part of it has separated but the part still attached is still large. I'll still hold off on euthanising, because it is fiesty and active, but it looks to me like it's not going to improve

Attachments

• 42a.JPG
    42a.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 45a.JPG
    45a.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 79
Oh, so sorry about #2, that doesn't look good. You saw my post about my hatchling that had a prolapse, right? It was tough, but mine wasn't very active, so I'm hopeful for you! Good luck.

tbtusk said:
Oh, so sorry about #2, that doesn't look good. You saw my post about my hatchling that had a prolapse, right? It was tough, but mine wasn't very active, so I'm hopeful for you! Good luck.
I did, which is why I'm so grateful for threads like yours on here. Reading about other prolapsed pippies gave me a realistic expectation of what may happen and how to look after the snake for the time being

Here's my 3rd and final pippie for this year. Thankfully a perfect normal het blood, anery and amel. 9 grams out of the smallest of the eggs.

Attachments

• 3a.JPG
    3a.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 5a.JPG
    5a.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 11a.JPG
    11a.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 15a.JPG
    15a.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 68
I'm selling this one if it is male, Elle. I'm too male heavy and there's another blood on order from Lex. If it's a girl though, I'll be tempted to keep it!

Ack thats a shame. Im not a huge fan of breeding siblings together unless its a super dooper cutting edge project anyways :p

What else you getting this year Janine?

diamondlil said:
At this point, no idea apart from the blood boy. Oh, and a puppy!

haha, yeah for both! :) I have to say those hatchlings look great! I keep looking at them and thinking how huge they are compaired to how mine were!

RIP hatchling #2. The portion of gut or umbilicus that was herniated was dead, but more fresh tissue was pushing out tonight, so I euthanised it by cutting the head off with surgical scissors.
Skeeter my integrade king got to fulfil his 'other role' as pippie disposal. (His main role is to look beautiful. I'll post some pictures of him eating the hatchling in another thread.

Attachments

• 47a.JPG
    47a.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 61a.JPG
    61a.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 60
I'm sorry for your loss. I applaud your bravery at the very fast and humane way you euthanised him.

I'm sorry to here he had to bne euthenized. i never thought of simply cutting of the head, if necessarey, but I do believe that is a relatively good way (that is painless and short) way to kill an animal.

Oh Janine I couldn't cut a hatchlings head off! How did you do it? Was it quick? Did he know what you were going to do, did he twitch, was there lots of blood, did you feed the head to skeeter too or just the body, if not what did you do with the head????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back