CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Corn Snakes Wanted Looking for something special and you don't know who has it for sale? Post what you are looking for here and see if you get any bites.

Wanted: Hypo Opal Stripe Male (hets ok)

Old 10-01-2009, 04:41 PM   #11
CaptBogart
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike17l View Post
I actually got them from someone else, or I would have kept another male. Oh well, it happens, you move on. If I cannot find a male, I will probably just sale the females for what they are visually.
Well if all else fails, I have an extra Normal adult male het Opal Stripe for pretty cheap...

Old 10-03-2009, 09:15 AM   #12
kgmax1228
Thumbs down BREEDING WITH A RUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
That's really sad, Mike. Maybe try Walter? I thought he had a runt hypo opal stripe for sale, so he must have the ingredients!!
Sorry to point this out,but if you try to breed TWO females (let alone one) with a runt male you will at the best produce weak, genetically inferior babies-more than likely you have infertile eggs,wasting an entire breeding cycle.The whole point of c/b is to make BETTER animals-natural selection culls the weak from the gene pool and strenthens the species.Use the best animals possible,and you'll be happier(and the buyers of the babies) in the long run.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:25 AM   #13
torsten
Quote:
Sorry to point this out,but if you try to breed TWO females (let alone one) with a runt male you will at the best produce weak, genetically inferior babies-more than likely you have infertile eggs,wasting an entire breeding cycle.The whole point of c/b is to make BETTER animals-natural selection culls the weak from the gene pool and strenthens the species.Use the best animals possible,and you'll be happier(and the buyers of the babies) in the long run.
Sorry to point out (:P) that using a runt male for breeding wasn't actually mentioned

The mention of the runt was that the breeder had the genetics to make it so he might have adults or other hatchlings for sale with those genes

Old 10-03-2009, 09:43 AM   #14
kgmax1228
Talking

At 16 y/o you obviously have YEARS of experience!

Old 10-03-2009, 09:48 AM   #15
kgmax1228
Unhappy RUNT

Perhaps the runt is INDICATIVE of incompatible genetics or inbreeding

Old 10-03-2009, 09:49 AM   #16
danielle
Aren't you a little old to act like a troll? Not all runts remain runty- some just grow slow and catch up, nor did Nanci suggest the runt, but that Walter may have the ingredients. Torsten a very intelligent and mature teenager points this out and instead of shutting up your rude again.

Noboby like trollish behavior maybe you need a hobby to expend all that angry energy in. Sorry to hyjack your thread Mike

Old 10-03-2009, 09:59 AM   #17
Nanci
Snakes lay small eggs all the time. When the eggs hatch, the resulting snakes are small. I have a "runt" male that I definitely plan on breeding. He was, BTW, the first in his clutch to eat! He's caught up now- he just started out at half the size! No big deal.

But anyway, the above-mentioned male has been sold and all I meant was that if Walter produced a hypo opal stripe, he must have stock that it came from.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:09 AM   #18
torsten
Quote:
At 16 y/o you obviously have YEARS of experience!
Haha, the age old 'age put down' lol

Old 10-03-2009, 10:12 AM   #19
kgmax1228
Cool NAME CALLING

Danielle-you obviously did not understand the point i was making-PROFESSIONAL breeders do not use substandard animals to produce offspring-therefore putting out only the healthiest animals for others to purchase-you DO want the healthiest possible animals available,don't you? I (we) have a obligation to those who buy animals to insure they get the best i can make-breeding is a serious responsibility to animals and people who buy them - peace

Old 10-03-2009, 10:19 AM   #20
kgmax1228
Smile PUT DOWN?

Sorry Torsten-didn't mean to offend-but at 16 you can only have 16 yrs of knoledge-its chronological

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google