• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hi from uk

Deedee71

Hi I'm from kent, uk.

I'd love a codename but is my vivarium big enough please?

It is 32" long
15" tall
18" deep, front to back.

i haven't room for anything larger so can't upgrade when snake gets bigger

Input greatly appreciated please xx☺😇

Hi I’m in Shropshire
I got 3foot long viv
How old is your corn ?
If it’s a baby fine for now
Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi Pat,

i haven't got a cornsnake yet, don't want to get one and have to regime if vi v too small for an adult. I think my viv is 4" short of 3 ft, but it's a bit wider at 18" to compensate?

23" x 16" x6" is a 28qrt sweater box
30" x 1 2" x 1 2" is a 20 gallon long

Above are mentioned as being ok in the basic care section. But I see some people have larger vivariums?

Hi mine is 36”x18”x18
I’ve got 2 corns both in same size viv my first is George I had him at 9 weeks old he is now 1 and half years old
Zuzee she is about the same age I had her at 10 months old
I’m a young lady of 62 years old
I love my corns
If you do get a corn you won’t regret it
This site is the best for help if you need it
Pat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe a cornsnake would be happy in my viv then? Thanks Pat. George and Zuzee are cute names and im not far behind you, im 47 tomorrow, my birthday is same day as Royal Wedding lol x

Happy birthday for tomorrow
Good luck with your upcoming discussion
If you need help just ask
Even if you think it’s a silly question
Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hiya Deedee71,

Usually they say if the snake is longer than one side and the back of the enclosure then its to small but yours should be fine for now altho i would consider getting a 4ft by 18inch by 18inch if your cornsnake grows to about (4 1/2ft) - (5ft)

Just think how you would feel if you you were the snake and didnt have room to stretch out once in a while

For example my rexy is (4,1/2 ft) - 5ft now she is in a 5ft wide 3ft tall and 16inch Deep enclosure (its this size due to breeding etc...) but a 4ftx18inchx18inch would be fine for rexy.

Adult corns are commonly kept in 41 quart rack containers by breeders over here. The thing to remember is that even if you don't have a large vivarium, you will hopefully be taking your corn out for handling and exercise periods. The vivarium size doesn't matter when the corn is inside its hide for 8 hours or more.

Back