CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

Progression: Shadow the Eastern Indigo Snake

Old 10-02-2017, 08:26 PM   #61
Karl_Mcknight
Dang, you could use those Eye Caps as contacts

Old 10-02-2017, 09:07 PM   #62
DollysMom
Yeah really, Karl!

Old 10-04-2017, 06:16 AM   #63
Nanci
I totally didn't know you had an indigo!! So cool!!!

Old 10-04-2017, 11:26 AM   #64
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
I totally didn't know you had an indigo!! So cool!!!
Thank you, Nanci. I've loved them since I was 16!

Old 10-04-2017, 02:05 PM   #65
DollysMom
Great news. Shadow just ate 3, 1 day old pinks, a 1 day chick thigh and a small silverside all on his own grabbed from my 10 inch feeding tongs. I didn’t try to pick him up or weigh him before or after so as not to disturb any possible feeding response.

He had been without food for 12 days because of the shed, so I was hoping a little hunger would help my effort. I let him rest yesterday but he was out doing what looked to me like looking for food this morning. He was interested in the prey and when I accidentally bumped his nose doing the “prey dance” he grabbed the first pinkie (I had rubbed its nose on the fish— the other items were not scented). Then he just gobbled!

I’ll weigh him after he poops. We are off to the races!

Old 10-04-2017, 03:35 PM   #66
Karl_Mcknight
wow. That's one hungry snake!

Old 10-04-2017, 03:46 PM   #67
DollysMom
Thanks, Karl. They are little different to feed than any I’ve had before!

I was hoping to tempt him with one of the prey items I had laid out, but once he was feeding there was no reason not to give him whatever of it he would take.

Old 10-04-2017, 03:51 PM   #68
Karl_Mcknight
I see that you offered him a variety, including a fish. I didn't know they were fish eaters. Very interesting. Glad he ate them all, and you didn't have to force or assist him. That has to make you feel good that he took the food from your tongs.

Have you by chance seen the guy on youtube feeding his Indigo snake?

Old 10-04-2017, 04:05 PM   #69
DollysMom
You mean the guy on the couch with the snake in his arms hand feeding chicken necks? That one? It’s awesome.

Yep doing a total happy dance here.

Eastern indigos can be fed only rodents, but they thrive on variety. You just have to be careful because some fish destroys thiamine, but Sally’s brand silversides (sold as frozen fish food) are considered safe. When he’s bigger, tilapia filets will be on the menu.

Old 10-04-2017, 04:14 PM   #70
Karl_Mcknight
wow. Will those Tilapia be breaded and Fried? Perhaps Shadow would like some Onion rings, Hushpuppies and a Cold beer. That's how I like my Tilapia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0bgNmU58yQ
This snake eats so calmly and daintily.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google