• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Forced Sale

Jessica29

Crazy Alaskan
Since moving back to Alaska, I am not able to find a steady supply of mice to feed my snakes. I need to rehome them very soon. I usually order frozen mice online, but my last order got returned to the sender, I guess you can't ship dry ice here. ANY reasonable offers will be accepted and group discounts. Pics to follow soon. Since the two week drive up from Cali and since being here they have probably lost some weight, so will need a little re-fattening. I am FedEx certified to ship and all orders are plus shipping from 99654.

1.0 2012 bloodred stripe het lavender $75 "Rusty"

0.1 2012 bloodred stripe het lavender $75 "Fox"

0.1 2013 tessera het bloodred lavender $120 "Tawny"

1.0 2012 caramel het hypo lavender motley $60 "Valdie"

0.1 2012 plasma phet hypo $100
"Ruby"

OTHER SNAKES

0.1 2012 pastel ball python $75 "Daisey"

1.0 2013 pastel ball python $60 "Spyro"

1.1 2013 normal het albino ball python $125 for the pair
"Cooper and Sparrow"

1.0 2013 red blood python $100 "Rigby"

0.1 2010 red blood python $200 "Xena" -Agressive-

0.1 adult Pacific Tree Boa $60 "Cinder" -eating anoles, but did get her to eat a fuzzie on her own-

I'm sorry! You can't breed your own mice? After all that work to get them up there :-(

I have a couple colony's going right now, but it takes awhile for them to get established. I only have one pregnant female so far. I just feel it's not fair to the snakes. Since moving on September 15, I've only been able to feed them three times.

Would brumation be a possible option? It'll give you some time to expand your colony

I've never done it so I dont really know much about it. Can you brumate at any age? If I had more time to expand my mouse/rat colony I would not have to sell any of my scale babies.

They brumate in the wild no matter how old they are. I'm not an advocate of brumating hatchlings, but you certainly can. Yearlings and older should have enough body mass to brumate with no problems, though.

Thanks for suggesting that. I was going to, but I didn't want to sideline the For Sale thread any more than I already had. But it's a good option. I know of some snakes who were abandoned by their owner in December, who were maintained by simply refreshing their water. They went into brumation, and were fine, just a little thin, the next August when they were rescued.

I know there are pet stores there that supply F/T feeders. Check out PetZoo, local chain I always liked them when I lived there. Or there is always Petco or PetSmart.

Petco is where I'm buyin from but they charge $2.99 for pinkies through adults. With 27 snakes that's just not do able for me.

That's HIGH! I have a pet shop and my pinks retail 10 for $5, large adults 10 for $10. I can see charging more for live, since much time and care go into rodents, but it only costs so much to run a freezer. Surely there is someone around you that breeds rodents.

There's a place called the Mouse House: http://www.searchpeopledirectory.co...supplies&qc=wasilla&qs=ak&listingid=119238532

It says "Pet mice and supplies" but it would only take about 1.3 "pet mice" to get you going if you wanted to start a colony.

Then there's PetZoo:
Petzoo
1481 E Parks Highway
Wasilla, AK 99654
(907) 357-7335

though they appear to mostly be a supply shop, it couldn't hurt to ask if they could order you frozen rodents. If anyone else keeps snakes in Wasilla, there must be a source for mice.

Sorry PETZOO is where I'm buying from, not petco. There's the cricket ranch and a few other places have mice, but no one has bulk prices. Mice direct is going to try to re ship my order.

HI Jessica,
Yea id just have mice direct re-ship them for you. I've been ordering from rodent pro but have ordered from mice direct throughout the last 10 or so years and haven't had any shipping issues.
Thanks
Mark

Back