CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

free handling of rear fanged snakes

Old 03-18-2015, 07:35 PM   #21
MysticExotics
I have MBK's and a few Carpet Pythons that will lunge out to get the rodent. Good thing I have relatively good reflexes. Haha

Old 03-20-2015, 12:14 AM   #22
ratsncorns
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
But hoggies only get three feet long and are fat and uncoordinated.
This seriously made me laugh out loud. It's so true! I love my little uncoordinated hoggie, who misses his mouse 90% of the time then will lunge out of the tub for his meal, inches off from where the mouse actually is!

Old 03-20-2015, 01:36 AM   #23
smigon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratsncorns View Post
This seriously made me laugh out loud. It's so true! I love my little uncoordinated hoggie, who misses his mouse 90% of the time then will lunge out of the tub for his meal, inches off from where the mouse actually is!
I have one corn that isn't fat but is uncoordinated as anything! With my bigger beasties I dangle the mouse near them and swing it, all of them snatch it and coil on the first try, with him I have to hold it millimeters from his nose and even then he misses sometimes! He loves the coiling of it, so I continue to let him play the reindeer games. Maybe I will rename him "Rudolph".

Old 03-20-2015, 01:37 AM   #24
smigon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratsncorns View Post
That is too funny.

I have one corn that isn't fat but is uncoordinated as anything! With my bigger beasties I dangle the mouse near them and swing it, all of them snatch it and coil on the first try, with him I have to hold it millimeters from his nose and even then he misses sometimes! He loves the coiling of it, so I continue to let him play the reindeer games. Maybe I will rename him "Rudolph".

Old 05-26-2015, 03:19 PM   #25
Zincubus
Can Cat Eyed snakes be handled or are they all simply display snakes ??

Old 05-26-2015, 03:23 PM   #26
Zincubus
Quote:
Originally Posted by smigon View Post

Most of my collection ( of 17 ) are albinos ( Royals / Kings / Garters / Corns ) and the ONE thing they all have in common is terrible coordination when striking or simply biting onto a dead mouse ... I recall reading something suggesting that Albinos had slightly defective vision ... is that possible ??

Old 05-26-2015, 08:20 PM   #27
MegF.
I've had normal animals that suck at nailing stuff so I don't know that it's really anything to do with eyesight...even my night hunters that have heat pits miss...My amel did just fine nailing rats off a tong...he occasionally missed but not often.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google