CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Super messy water spiller!!! what to do?

Old 05-27-2015, 09:36 AM   #1
Ravenessa
Super messy water spiller!!! what to do?

Ok, I have my dilute ghost and he's a brat... and now the new boy Mr Big Butt (who's name I am def contemplating to be Sir Mix a Lot, or Bedagi (meaning big boy)), are both mess makers... HUGE mess makers. I want them to have access to water, but I clean, I give water, 5 minutes later I have to clean again.. THey have the hefty heavy water bowls but both are big boys. I am now contemplating to buy them non spill dog water bowls, was thinking maybe using velcro tape and GLUE it to the bottom, silicon it stuck problem is bacteria under and in the bowl.

So yeah any tips are appreciated... sighs.. BOYS typical boys!
All the girls poo and pee in a corner and then move over to the other side, the boys so far smears it all over..

Old 05-27-2015, 11:26 AM   #2
Nanci
I have one snake, Milky Milksnake, that does that. I put his ceramic heavy dog water bowl into a 9" deli, then cut two holes in the lid, one over the bowl, one over the open area. That way he can slosh and poop and do whatever, and I just take out the deli and wash it. No spilling.

I ran into this problem with a baby. I tried making him a water bowl with a regular baby deli with a cut-out in the lid, but people were making me nervous about it, so eventually I filled his shoebox with aspen and put a half log hide in the back, and that kept him occupied enough that he didn't have to empty his water bowl any more. (My normal baby water bowls are ceramic ramekins- too heavy to spill, but babies can still drag their paper towels into them, or do God knows what else to get the water out.)

Old 05-27-2015, 11:01 PM   #3
Ravenessa
YES?! why do they do that? the paper towel thing? One of my males that is not strong enough to top it over pulls all his papers in. I have to dry them once a day or humidity would get too high and God knows what other problems they would get.

You mention the hide etc. I wonder if they need enrichment.. Stuff to do and explore maybe. So now I know which will go to my display tanks first. Swear to God naughty creatures, thanks for the tip with the deli.. I know what I will go and buy on Friday when Im off from work.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google