CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Butter Motleys & Butter het Motleys

Old 07-13-2002, 01:09 PM   #11
HomeBreeder
uhm, would it be psychoside? lunacide? I think I like lunacide....

Old 07-13-2002, 02:24 PM   #12
kenalotia
Nothing -cide... that suffix is the part that means killing... Psychocide or lunacide would mean killing a lunatic. Not quite what Rich was doing. Maybe something like suipsychotide would work... one who makes oneself psychotic.

Old 07-13-2002, 04:12 PM   #13
Rich Z
Suiloony seems appropriate then. Making ones self a lunatic.

Old 07-13-2002, 06:05 PM   #14
Hurley
How about suinsantity...the act of driving oneself insane.

Hmm...doesn't sui- mean pig?
Then wouldn't suicide be a pig killing?

(Actually, yes, sui can mean either: 1 self, 2 a pig)

Suidementia? (Self dementia)
Suiagadementate? (to drive oneself very crazy)

Er, how about just plain crazy? Yeah. I can spell crazy.

Old 07-13-2002, 11:27 PM   #15
sue frederick
Rich, you are going to need to sink a lot of money....

into some kind of genetic testing on those corns that you have bred that are possibly.....or maybe possibly...... It would probably be cheaper to devise a test to see what their actual genetic breakdown is than to keep 164 or 256 or whatever the total number of corns are that you need to ascertain whether you have bred any that are really ........

All this genetic talk makes my eyes cross. I think that I will just stick to my (hopefully) normal male and my (hopefully) normal striped female and my (hopefully) only amel male and my (hopefully) only sunglow female breeding.

Regardless, almost all the corns out there are gorgeous snakes! I plan on enjoying them for a long time.

sue frederick

Old 07-14-2002, 02:40 PM   #16
Clint Boyer
I like the introduction of hypo.....

It makes sense that the reduction of darker, harsher colors will allow the more subtle variations show through. It just takes a bit longer to prove by adding an addtional recessive trait.
Patience is definately a requirement when it comes to the exploration of corn genetics!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google