CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Daytona Expo

Old 07-18-2002, 07:40 AM   #1
CrazyCorn
Exclamation Daytona Expo

Hey Rich will you be at the Daytona,Fl Herp expo on the 17th & 18th of augast? If so,how much stock will you have there? What are some corn traits that you will have there? Thanks!

Old 07-18-2002, 10:53 AM   #2
Rich Z
Unless I am in the intensive care unit of the local hospital here, yes I will be at the Daytona show. I will be bringing as much as I can to the show, but there is no way I can itemize what that will be. I'm hoping to be able to go through a lot of my adults and bring some of those as well. I need to focus more on my projects and weed out the stuff I've only been keeping to give me more animals to sell. Basically any animal that I really didn't care if it bred this year, or any that produce a clutch of babies that are just plain boring to me are going to be going out the door. I have SO many animals growing up with projects I am doing that it is ridiculous, and I cannot spend my time any longer on plain vanilla stuff. I mean, why should I spend my time producing Miami Phase and Okeetees any longer? I will probably produce more Butter Motleys this year than any 10 other people combined!

PLEASE! Anyone reading this, do not ask me for an accurate list of animals I am going to be putting on surplus. I don't have anything like that right now and probably won't until I am putting animals in bags to bring to Daytona. This is just an idea that popped into my head recently and I think I need to make a fundamental change in what I am spending my time working on.

Selling adults at shows is MUCH easier than doing it via the internet. Everyone wants photos, measurements, etc., and it just takes a bunch of time to take the photos, measure the animals, crop the photos for use on a web page, generate the web page, then answer the half dozen emails about each animal being offered.

Things are starting to get real busy around here and I have to jealously guard my sanity by limiting how much I can feasibly do to please everyone making requests of me. If someone is interested in my adults and are willing to trust my judgement in what I send them, then yes, we can talk. But anyone needing photographs or extensive descriptions will be pushing me beyond the limits of what I can do for them right now.

Old 07-18-2002, 11:37 AM   #3
Simon
Rich...
I trust you in your judgement....and has send you an email about adult corns.....so reply me when you have time.....I know this time of year is a total mess for you and other breeders so I don't mind waiting for your reply. Thanks

Old 07-18-2002, 12:13 PM   #4
HomeBreeder
same for me, Rich..

I completely trust that if you want to sell a snake as a "morph X" then it'll be a fine example of "morph X". If you liberate any adults that match things on my 2002 hatchling list I'd be happy to pay the premium for the adult. A Project I'm working on is amber motleys so hypos, caramels, & hets that are also motley would be a plus.... (Sure wish I lived in Florida so I could just go to Daytona

^Curtis Brown

Old 07-18-2002, 12:29 PM   #5
Rich Z
Thanks guys............

My personal opinion is that ANYONE in this business or hobby that does NOT go to the Daytona Beach show is missing out on one of the best times they will ever have in their lives. People come from all over the WORLD to attend this show.

Quite frankly, it would take one hell of a serious situation for me to miss it myself. Even if I have to be in a wheel chair behind my tables, I will be there.

Old 07-18-2002, 12:32 PM   #6
pewter
good that it´s impossible for me to go there!!!
would be deadly stressfull and expensive for me to see all the snake from you...
when we here have a show in germany I just look everywhere and could´hardly find something interesting...that´s also not good!

Old 07-18-2002, 01:33 PM   #7
CrazyCorn
Talking The expo

I look forward to seeing you there rich! And hope you dont have to be in a wheel chair! This will be my first time going! I am SO excited! I leave to goto virginia tomarrow for two weeks by car to visit family,then i get back and rest a couple weeks and then me and my family head to the show! I cant wait!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google