CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

NOOB Signature Question

Old 11-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
TheFrogman
NOOB Signature Question

Ive notice in other forums and now this one, what are the numbers associated with the animals you all have in your sigs, Ive noticed them before in other forums but never asked what it was.

Old 11-15-2013, 02:54 PM   #2
HerpsOfNM
Format is:

which translates to: male.female.unknown/hatchlings.

Example 1.1.1 = 1 male, 1 female, 1 unknown/hatchling

Old 11-15-2013, 03:07 PM   #3
TheFrogman
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpsOfNM View Post
Format is:

which translates to: male.female.unknown/hatchlings.

Example 1.1.1 = 1 male, 1 female, 1 unknown/hatchling
Ahhhh, thank you very much.

Old 11-15-2013, 06:06 PM   #4
Nanci
Congratulations, your post pushed me over the edge into Stickyland.

Old 11-15-2013, 06:08 PM   #5
TheFrogman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Congratulations, your post pushed me over the edge into Stickyland.
(face in palm) Im sorry, is that good or bad, I've been here one and Im in trouble already

Old 11-15-2013, 06:23 PM   #6
Nanci
You're not in trouble. It's been a long time coming. I hope people read it. Do they ever read the stickies???

Old 11-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #7
TheFrogman
Well I own my own Forum and , ummmmmmmmmmm no ! LOL

Old 11-15-2013, 09:19 PM   #8
AliCat37
Haha I am glad to see it as a sticky.. Just hope it gets seen!

After thought... Maybe we should make it part of the agreement when joining that people have to read them! Ha! But that wouldn't work because no one actually reads terms and conditions either.

Old 11-16-2013, 07:35 PM   #9
HerpsOfNM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliCat37 View Post
But that wouldn't work because no one actually reads terms and conditions either.
Off topic, but my pet peeve is within the classifieds when an ad is posted without any pricing or redirecting to another website. I don't recall if these are terms for use of classifieds here but they are at fauna. Ads like those I stop wasting (close the page or navigate off it) my time on as soon as I realize no pricing or a visit my website/blog/Facebook for prices and details is read.

Old 11-16-2013, 07:46 PM   #10
xoxocammyxoxo
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpsOfNM View Post
Off topic, but my pet peeve is within the classifieds when an ad is posted without any pricing or redirecting to another website. I don't recall if these are terms for use of classifieds here but they are at fauna. Ads like those I stop wasting (close the page or navigate off it) my time on as soon as I realize no pricing or a visit my website/blog/Facebook for prices and details is read.
I agree. I look at a lot of the ads on here, even the ones from the beginning of the year and beyond and wonder if those snakes are even still available, or what the pricing is. I don't feel comfortable pming someone just to ask the price of a snake (or anything else for that matter) especially as a new person getting used to the market.

Personally I don't mind when there is a link to an outside website. But one of my biggest pet peeves is when things are not updated, websites, forums and classifieds alike. It's happened here where I've found an ad in the classified section for an animal, inquired on it, looked at their site, seen it there and then upon further research on someone else's site which is more recently updated seeing the exact animal I inquired on. If I'm really interested in a snake and there's no price, I'll pm for a price... but this stuff really upsets me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google