CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

A couple of ideas!

Old 01-13-2010, 06:19 PM   #1
Michael823
A couple of ideas!

Hey everybody!

I hope this falls under the "discussions about this site" topic, and that it's alright to post ideas.

My first idea, is to maybe have a separate area for a Non-Corn photo gallery. Picture threads seem to get lost fairly quickly in the shuffle, and are often times less seen and responded to because of it.

The second idea (but I'm not even sure if it's possible), is to have some sort of function that chronologically posts any photos by the OP, made throughout the entire thread, and gathers them under the original photo on page 1.
Just an idea, because I find it hard to locate *update* photos on progression threads that accumulate a large number of pages. So if there was a function to chronologically gather them on page 1, after the OP uploads it, that would make it so all of the *Updates* of progressions would be seen in order on page 1, and not get lost in the midst of comments on a thread with many pages.

Love the site, just had a couple of ideas! If it's not my place to give ideas, I apologize, but I thought I would share.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:54 PM   #2
Nanci
I like both those ideas. I doubt the second idea is possible. Well, unless the OP retained editing privileges indefinitely.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:22 PM   #3
Michael823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
I like both those ideas. I doubt the second idea is possible. Well, unless the OP retained editing privileges indefinitely.
Thank you! Yeah, I was unsure how plausible the 2nd idea was, but I thought it would be great if it was. I got the idea while looking through a quite extensive progression thread, and was having difficulty sorting through pages to find the updated pics.

Old 01-14-2010, 06:50 AM   #4
Susan
The idea of splitting up the General Chit-Chat forum has been kicked around quite a bit. Perhaps having a little subforum under it strictly for photos is something Rich would say "Yes" to.

Your other idea is probably not feasible as it would need to be one heck of program to be able to recognize when a photo was posted, then take it out and move it to another location in a thread, and then, not affect threads that are not progressions, etc, etc, etc.

Personally, if I want to go to the newest photos in a progression thread, I simply go to the last page and look from there.

Old 01-14-2010, 03:57 PM   #5
AshleyShadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post

Ditto! (your message is to short blah blah blah...)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google