• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

cornsnake.com as a site

ForkedTung

Serpent Mound Monk
I go to a lot of different forums, some new, some old, and some that are completely outside our world of herps. I just wanted to say:

A) This is one of the easiest sites to navigate.

B) The background is an awesome, off-white that is easy on the eyes ( What is with some sites and their dark or glaring primary colored backgrounds? my old eyes can only take about 15 minutes of that before they start to blurr.) There is just enough color for interest without being too obnoxious.

C) Moderation is top rate!

D) Members are Great as well.

***please don't change any of it, thanks Rich and co.

Thank you.

I've had many people try to convince me to put in all sorts of bells and whistles, as well as color changes, but I resist most of them. As a programmer, I love playing with that stuff, but I know when I go to someone else's site and see level upon level of just fluff, I find myself thinking "Just get that crap out of the way so I can get to what I came here to see!"

Of course, the tradeoff with the growth and maturing of any website is to try to strike a balance between not overwhelming new members, and keeping the old hand members interested enough so BOTH stick around.

About my only request would be, maybe, a new logo? The mouse-as-mouse always sturck me as kinda out of place. But that's just me... otherwise... *hugs cornsnakes.com*

Maybe have a contest for a new logo? Since it appears to be a modified picture anyway...

Would be fun!

That is, literally, the only part of the site that seems... out of date?

The mouse mouse logo is relevant because mice are snake food! Took me a while to recognize the rest of the logo, then one day I got it...

I know why it's relevant, it just kind of... blends in? more then it should... Would be interesting to see what else could be done :)

I mean, even just giving it more of a border might work.... it's just always made me crazy :)

I really enjoy this forum as well. I have been a member of a few different ones, but usually get bored with them after a couple of months, then move on. That hasn't happened here and I don't expect it to, either. The people are great, the mods are mediocre at best ;) and the topics are very interesting. I have created a few good relationships on this forum and I'm always eager to meet with members.

It's great! I wish we could add some more emoticons though! Expand the selections to include some of the ones that are available at Fauna. That's the only real improvement I would like!

Thank you Rich!!

Wayne

I am here daily or more so. There's a reason. It's a great site! Great people, sensible moderation, love it all!

I'd like to second the colour scheme as a good trade off....
I Like boring colours, as it's easy to see whats what, and the site navigation is superb..... In fact, they are the bench marks I judge other sites by.....
Don't change anything is my vote.....

...The people are great, the mods are mediocre at best ;) and the topics are very interesting. I have created a few good relationships on this forum and I'm always eager to meet with members....
Wayne

Susan makes mental note to do more than mediocre moderating when it comes to issuing of infractions or banning above quoted member.
:rolleyes:

Hey Wayne! I love your little snake avatar!

im pretty new to this site and just wanted to say that its the best put together site that i have been on in a while... Im not much into the brightly colored and busy sites that people tend to put up, you know, the ones that tend to cause seisures....
This site also has the kindest people and it seems to me the most knowledgable.
just my two cents

Susan makes mental note to do more than mediocre moderating when it comes to issuing of infractions or banning above quoted member.
:rolleyes:

I luv ya Susan, don't get me wrong! :bang:

Hey Wayne! I love your little snake avatar!

Christine, my wife, actually made that for me. She is supposed to make one that is a little bigger. That was a couple weeks ago? :rolleyes:

Wayne

I agree! I've tried being a member of other forums, but just can't bare to navigate. This site is perfectly laid out, easy to understand, and best of all, doesn't give me a migraine to navigate through. The layout is PERFECT!!!

***please don't change any of it, thanks Rich and co.

I'll back this, this site has been so helpful, regarding the members - I know the advice given here is probably some of the best you'll get. Other forums are just no match for the experience of members on here. Everything you could possibly wanna know is here somewhere!

A good suggestion I saw someone make a while back was for the auction feature. It would be nice to see that as some part of being able to sell snakes for contributing members. Not sure if its feasible here but we seem to be having a lot of informal auctions here lately....

Back