CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

1,000,000th post this year?

Old 12-18-2009, 11:49 AM   #11
wstphal
I'm doing my best to hurry us along!

Old 12-18-2009, 12:02 PM   #12
wade
It’s because of all those damn frivolous pandas.

Old 12-20-2009, 06:38 PM   #13
wstphal
989,900-something & ten days to go. Everybody get busy & write!

Old 12-20-2009, 10:27 PM   #14
dionythicus
Write what? Oh wait, it doesn't matter! Just post!!

Old 12-21-2009, 07:47 AM   #15
RobbiesCornField
Posts: 990,272! Almost there! I think I can get in 10,000 posts between now and New Years.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:52 AM   #16
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Well, it's not as simple as it may seem. I can tell the post number (and so can anyone else if they know what to look for), but the problem is that not all posts get to remain here. Some posts are made by spammers, and they get deleted, of course. But the post number remains with that post, regardless.

So what is going to happen is that the REAL one millionth post will be made well before the one that trips the counter over in the stats display. But figuring out which post actually did that will be really tough to do without actually being here watching for it.
Actually we've already passed the "REAL" one millionth post goal post. Robbie's above post is number 1,012,580. The "absolute" post counter doesn't decrement when threads or posts are deleted, whereas the number shown in the statistics line will. So it's quite possible we could hit that one millionth post this year, and three people will delete obsolete classified ads and that number of "keeper" posts will decrement back below that level.

The comment I made starting this thread wasn't to try to spur people on to hit that number, I was just impressed that this site is as active as it has become. With less than a third of the membership base, this site just leaves FaunaClassifieds in the dust concerning active participation.

Old 01-03-2010, 02:26 AM   #17
Rich Z
Ah, too bad. We didn't hit the 1 millionth post mile marker in 2009. Count sits now at 999,504 posts. So we'll probably hit that sometime later on today.

Nice try though!

Old 01-03-2010, 09:03 AM   #18
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Ah, too bad. We didn't hit the 1 millionth post mile marker in 2009. Count sits now at 999,504 posts. So we'll probably hit that sometime later on today.

Nice try though!
Dagnabbit! I tried!! LOL

Old 01-03-2010, 06:04 PM   #19
Susielea
We did it Rich........The time stamp on the bottom of the page, 10.41pm Greenwich Mean Time.................I tried really hard to get the capture at exactly 1,000,000 but missed it by 3, I think everyone went a little crazy Oh and I think I know which post tripped the counter to the million............

Old 01-03-2010, 06:35 PM   #20
The_Thunderer
Pretty funny, Sue!!! You seem to have been "ON" it!! LOL. I didn't think it would go THAT fast. LOL.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google