• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Very slow to load pages.

Glad to know that it was not only me. Hopefully closing the DYK will speed things up a bit.

It just took me 4 mins to open the home page. How are others doing since DYK was locked?

Same here. It took me about 5 minutes to load the homepage, and even then I kept getting the "cannot load page" error.

How many of you tried going to FaunaClassifieds to see if the problem was there as well?

The loadinhg time for this site is quite random for me, I thought it was just my 'puter needing a cleanup. No change at all, they still load blisteringly fast most of the time and then terribly slow at other times.

OK, I've filed a service ticket with the server people to see if they can locate the problem. Honestly, being intermittent like it is, I'm not sure how easy that will be. It may be a local network issue in their data center, and not actually my server, which means there won't be any log files showing the problems on the server itself.

Sorry, but some things just are not within my control with this stuff.

Rich, I just noticed that every time it stalls it get a message that it is waiting for Fauna ads to load. Don't know what that means but I bet someone as smart as you will.

It means those pic changing MiceDirect ads are taking way too long to load. Didn't the slowdown start around the time they started having changing pics?

Rich, I just noticed that every time it stalls it get a message that it is waiting for Fauna ads to load. Don't know what that means but I bet someone as smart as you will.

That's exactly when I notice it, as I have mentioned before. :rolleyes:

I have been seeing the same problem. Mine seems to stall when loading ads from Fauna ads. I was actually going to post a thread regarding it. Next time it happens watch to see where it stalls.

Wayne

EDIT: At first, I thought it may be an issue with my computer and spent a day doing some cleaning and maintenance on it. It still happened even after I went through the machine. :shrugs:

Wayne

I just had an issue with not being able to open up CS.com, so I tried faunaclassifieds.com and it wouldn't load either.

2/6/10 4:02 pm. Unable to open cs.com or fauna. Closed IE and retried cs.com with success. Not sure if this helps, but wanted to give you a time stamp.

Back