CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Rich - "ignore feature" request

Old 03-07-2010, 06:39 PM   #21
LBoz
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil View Post
I'd pay extra on the membership to bypass that feature. I understand it's because a forum owner gets clased as a moderator of their own forum, I don't want to ignore the site mods at all but I'm really, totally irritated by someone! I've never used the ignore facility at all before, just my luck I can't use it now I really want to!
I hear ya, J9. I've never had the desire to use it before, but now it's getting to the point I don't even want to be here when this person is on. I'd easily and gladly pay more for that option!

And before anyone asks, you'd already know if it was "you", so if you don't know, then it's not you.

Old 03-07-2010, 06:41 PM   #22
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
I'm good with that J9. let's skip the argument and start the make up process.
Can't we even fight a bit first, maybe have a Benny Hill style chase too?

Old 03-07-2010, 06:43 PM   #23
wade
What ever you want J9, I am easy.

Lori, a wise person recently told me:

I hate you, you hate me. We are a dysfunctional family......

Old 03-07-2010, 06:50 PM   #24
Nanci
I must be really insensitive. Will someone PM me who this person is?

Old 03-07-2010, 06:52 PM   #25
LBoz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
I I really have no idea what has brought this up, but I am now getting PMs because of it and I'm not happy about it. If someone can't be mature enough to simply ignore another member without the help of a stupid button, then that's just tough feces. Nobody on this forum forces anyone to read anything they don't want to with the exception of the site mods when a problem arises, at which point WE are forced to read BS that we don't want to. And now I have to spend my time looking up what all this baloney is about. JEESH!
You know, Susan, you're entitled to your opinion that I'm immature because of this, but in a forum, with a sub-forum specifically titled "Discussions about this site" I feel well within my right to ask RICH this question. I'm sorry that you're getting PMs about it, but that's not my problem. I own a forum, I understand that my mods don't always like receiving questions, but that's part of their job as a volunteer on my forum. I'm guessing it's the same here?

As was mentioned earlier, it's not always easy to ignore someone by simply not reading their posts. They still have the ability to create the most annoying threads (maybe the way you're now viewing this one) that cannot be ignored if one navigates the board by using the "new posts" feature the way I do.

The reason I asked Rich the question about whether or not it was easily possible is because on my forum there are mods and there are assistants along with the regular members. It's very easy to modify their permissions with a click of a button. Rich and I use different software, so I have no idea whether it's easy for him or not. If it is, I would ask him if he could give us this feature. If it's not, then so be it.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:03 PM   #26
wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBoz View Post
You know, Susan, you're entitled to your opinion that I'm immature because of this, but in a forum, with a sub-forum specifically titled "Discussions about this site" I feel well within my right to ask RICH this question. I'm sorry that you're getting PMs about it, but that's not my problem. I own a forum, I understand that my mods don't always like receiving questions, but that's part of their job as a volunteer on my forum. I'm guessing it's the same here?

As was mentioned earlier, it's not always easy to ignore someone by simply not reading their posts. They still have the ability to create the most annoying threads (maybe the way you're now viewing this one) that cannot be ignored if one navigates the board by using the "new posts" feature the way I do.

The reason I asked Rich the question about whether or not it was easily possible is because on my forum there are mods and there are assistants along with the regular members. It's very easy to modify their permissions with a click of a button. Rich and I use different software, so I have no idea whether it's easy for him or not. If it is, I would ask him if he could give us this feature. If it's not, then so be it.
Yar, what she said. Can't rep you again. I don't use it often and rarely repeat, but this was well said and to the point without being mean about it.

See, we CAN all learn. If we're not careful.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:09 PM   #27
Susan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
I must be really insensitive. Will someone PM me who this person is?
I'm beginning to think it's a figment of my imagination as I've gone through just about every personal forum owner's recent posts and have yet to come across anyone that I would consider as having an "itchy posting finger" and "clogging up" threads with their posts. And this figment seems to be bothering more than one member.

And I'm really sorry that some members have gotten their noses out of whack over this figment and that the site mods, whose job it is to try to maintain the peace around here, haven't got a clue as to what the problem is, are trying very hard to identify the problem so perhaps they can do something about it, but are now getting yelled at themselves because they are in the dark over this figment.

Good night! I'm outta here!

Old 03-07-2010, 07:11 PM   #28
LBoz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
I'm beginning to think it's a figment of my imagination as I've gone through just about every personal forum owner's recent posts and have yet to come across anyone that I would consider as having an "itchy posting finger" and "clogging up" threads with their posts. And this figment seems to be bothering more than one member.

And I'm really sorry that some members have gotten their noses out of whack over this figment and that the site mods, whose job it is to try to maintain the peace around here, haven't got a clue as to what the problem is, are trying very hard to identify the problem so perhaps they can do something about it, but are now getting yelled at themselves because they are in the dark over this figment.

Good night! I'm outta here!
Again, Susan, I'm sorry that I'm annoying you, but I don't feel right about naming a person that I wish to ignore. That's not the point of my question.

CSers, please don't PM the mods about this...I haven't and won't be calling anyone out, so they don't know who it is on my end, and I'm assuming the same for J9's person. I highly doubt they're the same person, anyway.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:14 PM   #29
Rich Z
Hmm, well let me see if I understand this correctly.

One or more people here want me to pay my programmer to mod the system software just so they don't have to read what someone else posts, because that someone has a personal forum. And further, I would have to pay to have the software modded each and every time we do a system upgrade here, since that mod will have to be custom recoded each and every time. All for the sake of one or more persons not having the ability to NOT read someone else's posts.

So do I have this right so far?

Heck, I don't know..... let me read this over and over again to see if it eventually stops sounding silly to me.....

Old 03-07-2010, 07:20 PM   #30
diamondlil
I wouldn't PM a mod about this, I report posts I think break site rules to them. (Because I'm on a different time zone I catch spammers early sometimes)
Rich, perhaps what would work is to separate the Site mods from personal forum mods in the ignore function? Not just the ignore on one particular person, now that would be a silly thing to ask for.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google