CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

stupid breeders why cant you just leave things be

Old 03-23-2012, 08:29 PM   #81
SnakeAround
Dave, now you are speaking muddy to me... I taste some sarcasm but I'm not sure what you mean to say. Mind to explain? I am very curious.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:46 PM   #82
dave partington
Q: stupid breeders why cant you just leave things be

A: because then they would all be normal wild-types. the majority of consumers like new and improved. Like that lettuce or tomato you ate today. Or that hybrid chicken in the oven. Or your home made leather footwear. Perhaps we should junk out computers and go back to abacuses

Old 03-23-2012, 08:53 PM   #83
SnakeAround
LOL ok Dave, I guess your view goes along with mine

Old 03-23-2012, 08:59 PM   #84
Susan
Do the "purists" want to stop all intermingling of all non-standard, non-pure bloodlines everywhere? No mixing species, sub-species or anything else together. If the parents look different, and the offspring look like a mix of the parents, it is bad. That's the impression I'm getting. Now shall we just take that tiny hair's width of a step and start a race war? Maybe we really need to redefine exactly what a "hybrid" is...

Old 03-23-2012, 09:23 PM   #85
snakepunk
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMong View Post
Ahhhhhh!!!, a person of sound science, hey???. please tell me of your wordly wisdom would you??

See, when a corn is tossed in with a Pueblan milk x Cal. king on purpose, I KNOW that isn't a "pure" corn standard. I'm smart like that.

Let's add some more grease to the tire treads so we can "spin the wheels" some more here, shall we??..HAHAHA!!!

Anyway, yes,..."laughable" for darn sure........

~Doug
I did tell you. But in case you missed it the first time, I'll try again. There is no such thing as a "pure" corn.

There's nothing to spin. There are just the facts you do not want to accept. Over the course of thousands of years, nature has mixed up the colubrid gene pool MUCH more then breeders have the past 20 years.

You can add all the cute little smilies, explanation points, whatever, but it doesn't make your point true or make you appear as smart as you think you are. A well reasoned argument would, but the best you can do is circular-reasoning.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #86
DMong
So are you guy's saying that to have anything interesting it has to be "new and improved" with crossing and hybridization?..just wondering.

~Doug

Old 03-23-2012, 09:26 PM   #87
Gerards
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeAround View Post
And what about calling hybrid breeders lazy/greedy/uneducated? I hope you are not avoiding that element of the discussion with someone who belongs to this group? It might be interesting!
I'm just waiting for someone to say something otherwise. I'm not talking about corn snakes only, it's all snakes that I think about. You can repeat the same old over and over but you still sound the same. To think that the majority of people think that way just backs up what I said. You can't make someone stop doing something they want, it's not what I want at all. I agree, things change, there's always going to be the left and the right. You seem to have no problem with it, maybe one day YOU will change your mind. Your also right about me keeping my stuff the way it comes. Just like I will always oppose and you will defend. I have a feeling it would be easier talking politics with each other. Good luck with your animals.
Goodnight

Old 03-23-2012, 09:32 PM   #88
Lennycorn
Quote:
So are you guy's saying that to have anything interesting it has to be "new and improved" with crossing and hybridization?..just wondering.

~Doug
I like to know this too.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:48 PM   #89
DMong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
Do the "purists" want to stop all intermingling of all non-standard, non-pure bloodlines everywhere? No mixing species, sub-species or anything else together. If the parents look different, and the offspring look like a mix of the parents, it is bad. That's the impression I'm getting. Now shall we just take that tiny hair's width of a step and start a race war? Maybe we really need to redefine exactly what a "hybrid" is...

.......HAHAHA!!!!

Heck, let's go ahead and legalize murder too then....people have done that since the beginning of time too. Who cares about right or wrong or any consequences there?

You might be confusing Nazism with good ethics..LOL!

~Doug

Old 03-23-2012, 10:00 PM   #90
snakepunk
Quote:
.......HAHAHA!!!!

Heck, let's go ahead and legalize murder too then....people have done that since the beginning of time too. Who cares about right or wrong or any consequences there?

You might be confusing Nazism with good ethics..LOL!

~Doug
So it's a moral wrong to breed snakes that don't get your approval?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google