CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

possible new morph? You decide

Old 10-27-2012, 02:09 AM   #31
Shiari
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries View Post
The lighter if the 2 is a combonation of snow/anery/lavender/ and cubed motley, giving it a silvery blue color with a perfect white belly.
I... am afraid I have to say you don't seem to understand the genetics as well as you appear you'd like to.

You can't have a combination of snow and anery. A snow is an animal that is amel + anery at the same time. Snake # 2 does not have amel showing at all. Now, it may be a moonstone motley, or simply a nice ghost motley, but it's definitely not got 'snow' in the mixture.

Also, there is no such thing as cube motley. Cube is a particular way for the stripe gene to look. You motley hatchlings are not showing any cubing at all.

The first snake probably just hasn't fully colored up yet. It happens. I mean, look. Here's Nautley when she hatched. Looks like an amel, right?

Here's how Nautley is right now. She's a super super dark hypo.

Here's Heck, who went through almost as dramatic a change. See how he's a weird orangey-hypo on his front half, but looks like a ghost on his back half?

Well, this is what he turned into.

Old 10-27-2012, 02:13 AM   #32
Christen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
Also, there is no such thing as cube motley. Cube is a particular way for the stripe gene to look. You motley hatchlings are not showing any cubing at all.
I would like to see some pictures after they shed. Just because if you look at the neck area the babies do tend to look like stripes and not motley's however the back does look motley instead of cubed. But since he is seeing cubing maybe it is just the pictures on pre-shed babies? So I will wait to make my ruling on that one. lol

Old 10-27-2012, 02:25 AM   #33
aries
Shiari the thing is even though snow does not show in the pic believe me its there. This is a result of 3 years of hard research and trial by breeding. I will post pics after they have shed. By shear definition a true kentucky normal is a combo of both amel and anery. Typically showing an prodominately orange corn with heavy black around the saddles and a checkered belly. I kbow because i have a wc kentucky normal in my collection. I have worked dillegently to document and breed my corns for this reason. The cube pattern is a result of combining the stripe/ motley pattern together. It took 1 year to produce at least a 20% clutch of.them

Old 10-27-2012, 02:32 AM   #34
MysticExotics
Quote:
Shiari the thing is even though snow does not show in the pic believe me its there. This is a result of 3 years of hard research and trial by breeding. I will post pics after they have shed. By shear definition a true kentucky normal is a combo of both amel and anery. Typically showing an prodominately orange corn with heavy black around the saddles and a checkered belly. I kbow because i have a wc kentucky normal in my collection. I have worked dillegently to document and breed my corns for this reason. The cube pattern is a result of combining the stripe/ motley pattern together. It took 1 year to produce at least a 20% clutch of.them
That's not even possible, because Amel (albino) is *no* black, at all. The Combo of Amel & Anery produces a while snake, many have a pinkish look to them, & often grow to develop yellow along the neck.

Edit to add: your snake might be *het for Snow (Amel & Anery) but the only way you would produce Snows would be to pair that snake with a visable Snow, or one with het Snow genes. You need matching genes to produce morphs like Amel, Anery, etc, meaning both parents have to carry the gene, either visibly or in het form.

Old 10-27-2012, 02:37 AM   #35
Shiari
Quote:
By shear definition a true kentucky normal is a combo of both amel and anery. Typically showing an prodominately orange corn with heavy black around the saddles and a checkered belly. I kbow because i have a wc kentucky normal in my collection.
.... What? No it's not! Amel means "lacking black". Anery means "lacking red". Lacking, as in, NOT HAVING. A normal has red AND black pigment.

Look, this is an amel:

This is an anery:

And this is what happens when an animal is amel AND anery... AKA a 'snow'.

They are NOT normals. And normals are not them.

Old 10-27-2012, 02:37 AM   #36
Christen
Cubes do not have motley in them. A true cube is a stripe with areas that appear to be connected. Like this guy http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=120317 There is not motley in this boy. He is a true stripe.

Some times motley's can have stretched areas of stripes. These are often called pinstripe motley's.

Old 10-27-2012, 02:38 AM   #37
RobbiesCornField
Quote:
Shiari the thing is even though snow does not show in the pic believe me its there. This is a result of 3 years of hard research and trial by breeding. I will post pics after they have shed. By shear definition a true kentucky normal is a combo of both amel and anery. Typically showing an predominately orange corn with heavy black around the saddles and a checkered belly. I know because i have a wc Kentucky normal in my collection. I have worked diligently to document and breed my corns for this reason. The cube pattern is a result of combining the stripe/ motley pattern together. It took 1 year to produce at least a 20% clutch of.them
I... um... what? No. A normal, by standard definition, has NO homozygous recessive traits. It MAY have heterozygous recessive traits, but those can only be proven out through breeding. Amel + Anery = Snow (all white, but can be pink as babies). Amels are orange and red. Anerys are grey and black. The snake you described is a normal/wildtype/classic corn. Heavy black saddles are typical of Okeetee phase corns.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:07 AM   #38
ceduke
Huh?!

A Normal is...a normal. Normals ar orange or red with black borders and dark eyes.

Amel + Anery is a snow. Snows are a range of white/pink with NOT black pigment and red eyes.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:42 AM   #39
Dzerp
wow that guy looks like half blood striped half anery of some sort awesome ..the other is a striped anery type?

Old 10-27-2012, 05:53 AM   #40
Dzerp
wow it posted my reply to a complete different thread wtf ?!?!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google