• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

possible new morph? You decide

^^I'm not sure how okay it is to ask a non-contributor that. Isn't that kind of like entrapment?

Aries, I'm sorry I was snarky with you. I don't think you have produced anything new or remarkable, however those are very pretty babies. I wish you the best with them.

WOW, this is a very entertaining thread on both what the original poster is writing and also on some of the misinformation by some of the more experienced members. This is better than watching a good TV show. I can't wait until tomorrows episode!

dc

I'm with ya! :cheers:

^^I'm not sure how okay it is to ask a non-contributor that. Isn't that kind of like entrapment?

Aries, I'm sorry I was snarky with you. I don't think you have produced anything new or remarkable, however those are very pretty babies. I wish you the best with them.

I'd have to agree with chip here.

Nothing new or remarkable. But Nice for sure.

Also, Would like to extend best wishes to you & your newly hatched babies.

Wow! Just got done reading the whole thread. I have to say it was veeeery interesting. I learned a bit about genetics, learned some info then un-learned it, and now hope the OP hangs around and learns some too.

Oh, and enjoys his new snakes. Which are not new morphs as far as I or anybody can tell. Sorry!

By the way i never said snows were normals thats ridiculas.

Inadvertently you did. You said that normals were amel and anery. But amel and anery is a snow, not a normal. I will quote you, if you want.

You are fundamentally misinformed about morphs. You are failing to correct this fundamental misunderstanding, and are insisting that the entire rest of the community (and apparently the entire latin language) is incorrect.

Amel is short for amelanistic. A- means "without" or "lacking", -melan- means "black", and -istic is "pertaining to". So an amelanistic animal has NO black pigment.

Anery is short for anerythristic. An- means "without" or "lacking", -erythr- means "red", and -istic we saw the meaning of above. So an anerythristic animal has NO red pigment.

Combine NO red and NO black and you get white.

Aries, how much are you asking (locally, not on CS) for these babies?

I agree with you Chip. This should have been asked via PM and personally, totally negates the infraction for selling without being a Contributor. Wonder if I should make up a special infraction for that? It is within my ability...

Sorry croalis did not mran you ny bad i meant starsevol

You mean my picture book didn't help you? Sorry about that! I know quite a bit, thankyouverymuch but maybe my geography skills are on par with your genetics knowledge. But wait..I know where I am now so I might be wrong about that! :)

Bethany has been breeding corn snakes longer than you've been misspelling words and omitting punctuation.

Love You, Chip!!!

I think someone needs to go back and do some reading and research on basic genetics...

Methinks so too.

What bad advice? She didn't know where amels originated from? That's hardly advice at all. If you're going to call someone dumb, you might want to type like an adult. I appreciate the last post's attempt. You can't type something such as
and not expect professional corn snake breeders, collectors, and experienced cultivators of the species to correct you. Then to advertise, whine about an infraction, and bash respected members of the community? I really don't see what you are trying to accomplish, but it is rather entertaining.

Yes, I made in incorrect assumption where amels came from, although I knew the time frame and the people involved. I also forgot where Jasper County was but being a Northern girl, I hope to be forgiven on that point.

As far as advice to the OP, it would be to learn about cornsnake genetics before breeding again. Those little ones are really quite nice, but nothing spectacular or new and are actually much nicer than they should have been considering the known pairing. A knowledge of basic genetics would enable the op to create even nicer babies, as well as represent them correctly to the buyer at the time of sale. The way it stands right now, the only people who would buy from this person if they themselves were interested in breeding down the line ( and not just looking for a pretty pet) would be someone who believes what the OP says about genetics because they know nothing about genetics themselves.
OP, you don't really want to misrepresent what you are selling, do you?
Here is a handy little tool for you....www.corncalc.com. If you play with that it might help you more than my geographically incorrect babble.

Airenlo no they have not yet. I am still waiting, much like i did for them to hatch. They waited to pip until 96 days. I will post pics to this thread once they shed. Ok so as to make all the contributers happy: I did not pip them myself, i know others will come with nasty,hateful, but coated in "educational/ helpful" responses, i dont pip because i dont like the idea of making it easier for my babies to fully hatch. Pipping an egg takes the fundamental order of strong health babies and accepts weakerand more prone to illness and eventual death. Now i feel certin others do this successfully all the time, i just choose to be different.

Umm...no. It is not recommenced to "pip" or "cut" the eggs yourself. So you did that right.

Cutting is a practice done more by ball python breeders for various reasons, some logical, most not.

One person at a different forum did an experiment where he did a much lower temperature incubation than normal. The longer, colder, incubation time affected the coloring quite a bit, and that could be what's going on with your babies.

One person at a different forum did an experiment where he did a much lower temperature incubation than normal. The longer, colder, incubation time affected the coloring quite a bit, and that could be what's going on with your babies.

My temp stayed a perfect consistently.

Your eggs were kept at what temperature then? Because incubating between 79 and 81 got me pips at 70 days and that's the low end of the 'normal' incubation temperature range in captivity. To get 90 + days incubation time, you were probably incubating around 76 degrees or lower.

And are you willing to admit you were mistaken about what an amel and anery are, and how they relate to normals?

Airenlo no they have not yet. I am still waiting, much like i did for them to hatch. They waited to pip until 96 days. I will post pics to this thread once they shed. Ok so as to make all the contributers happy: I did not pip them myself, i know others will come with nasty,hateful, but coated in "educational/ helpful" responses, i dont pip because i dont like the idea of making it easier for my babies to fully hatch. Pipping an egg takes the fundamental order of strong health babies and accepts weakerand more prone to illness and eventual death. Now i feel certin others do this successfully all the time, i just choose to be different.

Um, most people involved with colubrids don't slit their eggs. As far as the "nasty, hateful but coated in educational/ helpful responses"....I HAD tried to help you, I really did. Goddess knows you NEED help. I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt and you slapped me in the face. It appears that my initial feelings about you were the correct ones, and I am pretty sure I don't like you at all. So here is the deal....you go your way, I go mine. But if I EVER see you advertising babies for sale and misrepresenting them, I promise you I will let it be known. You know NOTHING about genetics.

Wow lots of response as i figured. My incubator stayed between 80 and 82 degrees F. Controlled by a thermostat and monitered by two thermometers one digital one nondigital. Both of these were closely monitered on a daily basis. This was only one of twelve clutches that took this long to pip. Please dont respond unless you intend to answer the actual original question that was asked. I dont need grammer lessons and genetic lessons. Like i said a long time ago with corns until you breed them and develop the eggs you never know what hidden traits,"recessive traits".

Wow lots of response as i figured. My incubator stayed between 80 and 82 degrees F. Controlled by a thermostat and monitered by two thermometers one digital one nondigital. Both of these were closely monitered on a daily basis. This was only one of twelve clutches that took this long to pip. Please dont respond unless you intend to answer the actual original question that was asked. I dont need grammer lessons and genetic lessons. Like i said a long time ago with corns until you breed them and develop the eggs you never know what hidden traits,"recessive traits".

FYI when i respond to this i am using a phone not a computer. So sorry if my phones buttons fail to cooperate when i text in response

Sorry but you can't tell people how they can and cannot respond on this forum. And if you don't think you need grammar lessons or genetics lessons you have another think coming.

As it has been said before, time and again in this thread, what you have worked so hard for is a normal. Repeat after me....norrrmallllllll...........

You might have mashed a bunch of genes together for years and years, but it appears that most were incompatible and when they are incompatible you get...normals!!!!!

Back