CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

religion and hybrids

Old 05-01-2013, 12:01 AM   #31
crotalis40741
Once bobology was a big deal lol eh the old days on here lol

Old 05-01-2013, 12:08 AM   #32
susang
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalis40741 View Post
Once bobology was a big deal lol eh the old days on here lol
So ok bobbyoueminance when you set the guidlines for Bobology how did you Oh! emminant one deal with the snake and hybrids. I don't just want any that laws of bobology I want your views. In Bobology land are snakess to be feared or revered.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:10 AM   #33
crotalis40741
Quote:
Originally Posted by susang View Post
So ok bobbyoueminance when you set the guidlines for Bobology how did you Oh! emminant one deal with the snake and hybrids. I don't just want any that laws of bobology I want your views. In Bobology land are snakess to be feared or revered.
In bobology all are welcome lol we sent our most not so smart profit to find anything left pure in this world and he came back empty handed. lol

Old 05-01-2013, 05:43 AM   #34
rich333
Aliens!!!!

I win!

Old 05-07-2013, 05:36 AM   #35
NiklasTyreso
The Torah forbids hybrids, but what is a hybrid then?

The Torah do not forbid breeding dogs to cats as that give no offspring.
Related animals like donkeys and horses are forbidden to breed in Torah.

Science change the line between species and subspecies time after time as well as the definition of what a species is. So, science is no good as a guide for not breeding hybrids.

I think the best is not to breed anything together that would not breed in nature.
There are natural intergrades and hybrids within panterophis in nature, so that can not be very bad i captivity.
There are extremely few natural hybrids of Pantheropis with kingsnakes, milksnakes and gophersnakes, so those kind of hybrids should be avoided in captivity as well.

Just my personal opinion.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:56 AM   #36
Carpe Serpentis
Hybrids are creatures like gorgons, nagi, Lilith, basilisk, cockatrice, etc. Everything else is just opinion. I think one should leave religion out of it when it comes to hybridizing as religions are just like opinions. Many people have them and they always seem to differ otherwise we would have just one world religion.

Old 05-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #37
Carpe Serpentis
http://www.answersingenesis.org/arti...gers-wholphins

"The first thing that needs to be addressed is “what is a kind?” Often, people are confused into thinking that a “species” is a “kind.” But this isn’t necessarily so. A species is a man-made term used in the modern classification system. And frankly, the word species is difficult to define, whether one is a creationist or not!"

http://christiananswers.net/q-crs/baraminology.html
"In addition, Adam would learn something about God--the Designer. There in the creation was an expression of the Lord’s handiwork. After Adam discovered nature he never would be the same again. The stars, the animals, the plants--all were part of God’s creation."

With hybrids, god is no longer the designer, but instead, man has become the designer.
But was this not gods plan?
So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
Genesis 1:27
"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth" Gen. 1:26

"What does the word kind mean?

Since two of each kind of land animal (and seven of some) were brought aboard the Ark for the purpose of preserving their offspring upon the earth (Genesis 7:3), it seems clear that a “kind” represents the basic reproductive boundary of an organism. That is, the offspring of an organism is always the same kind as its parents, even though it may display considerable variation."
http://www.answersingenesis.org/arti...y-within-kinds

Is a hybrid that is capable of reproducing not clearly a member of the same kind? Were we not given dominion over cattle and every creeping thing? Do we not claim dominion when we breed like kind to like kind? If god wanted it to be otherwise he had the omniscience to know what would happen and the power (omnipotence) to change this simple thing to not allow like kind to breed with like kind.

If a snake can breed with another snake and produce fertile offspring then they were designed to do just that and who am I to question intelligent design by an omnipotent (all powerful) and omniscient (all knowing) being?
Of course, perhaps we are all just caught up in the matrix and none of this is real.... The reality is there is no spoon. There is no corn snake.... just our perception that they are real?

Is God willing to prevent hybrids, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh hybrids? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Old 05-21-2013, 04:42 PM   #38
airenlow
Red words !

Old 05-21-2013, 04:48 PM   #39
Carpe Serpentis
Seriously?

Old 05-21-2013, 05:17 PM   #40
susang
If you are as you stated an atheist why do you quote the bible? From a scientific standpoint one male and one female of any species would become extinct.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google