CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

PILE-O LAVAS & LAVA CINDERS !!

Old 06-18-2014, 04:15 PM   #91
Walter Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuxorW View Post
Yes. Given enough data, we could eventually calculate the probability of a crossover, although based on the results from Carol and Walter, the frequency is very low. I guess the moral of the story is that it seems prudent to start cinder projects with a female that is homozygous cinder.
Hey, shoot me over and email if you don't mind Dux: Serpents2000@aol.com

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Old 06-18-2014, 05:11 PM   #92
DuxorW
Email sent.

Also, kc261, I sent you a pm about the banana/coral glows.

Old 06-18-2014, 05:22 PM   #93
Walter Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuxorW View Post
Email sent.

Also, kc261, I sent you a pm about the banana/coral glows.
Got it, Thanks Dustin

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Old 06-18-2014, 07:47 PM   #94
Christen
Extremely interesting read. Cinder girls are going to be a hot item now. To bad I don't have any. Now I know why. lol

Old 06-18-2014, 08:42 PM   #95
Walter Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
Cinder girls are going to be a hot item now.
Shouldn't be for too long though, now that we know what we need to do to produce them ......At least we know they can be produced.

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Old 06-18-2014, 08:58 PM   #96
ghosthousecorns
I had a feeling something was going on. My pairings that the target morph was hypo cinder, have yielded male hypo cinders and female hypos. Now that I really think about it the only female cinders I have hatched were from het cinder x het cinder pairings.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:01 PM   #97
DuxorW
Jen, if you hatched female cinders from a het cinder x het cinder pairing, do you happen to know the genetics of the sire and dam that produced the het cinder female?

Old 06-18-2014, 09:14 PM   #98
ghosthousecorns
One pairing, The Dame was a miami het cinder I had from Carol H and The sire was a het cinder from Serpenco.
I'm going to have to look at my records and get back to this thread. I believe I have hatched 3 of them so far.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:22 PM   #99
Walter Smith
Hey Dustin,
just sent ya another email.

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Old 06-18-2014, 09:25 PM   #100
DuxorW
In the pairing that produced female cinders, were there any males produced as well? I wonder if the miami het cinder was the result of crossing a miami male to a cinder female. The resulting het cinder would be on the W chromosome, and this dame would produce females when mated to a het cinder male.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google