CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

morph help please

Old 03-08-2019, 03:58 PM   #21
Raven
GMR, these were the best eye shots of the adult female I could get. If you need better ones, please let me know. The male is inconveniently still in shed. He is not cooperating with this process.

Old 03-08-2019, 08:36 PM   #22
Shiari
A ghost isn't anery b. A ghost is anery a + hypo. A phantom is anery b + hypo. A carbon is anery a + b. The peach/tan babies are either ghosts or really light colored aneries.

Things that tell me charcoal isn't present in these babies- They are high contrast between the color of the saddles and the ground color, especially on the heads. The snow baby has an extremely visible pattern, something you don't see on a blizzard. The yellow on the parents is a mustardy yellow and they have lots whereas charcoal based animals usually have very little yellow and it's usually pastel or lemon yellow.

Old 03-08-2019, 09:12 PM   #23
Raven
Thank you! That explains and clears up much of the confusing, conflicting things I've read.

2 of the peach/tan ones have really dark red pupils while the other 2 appear more black. Is this just odd lighting or does that determine more? I know that amels have red pupils as do a few other morphs but amels have bright red (which these cleary don't, nor the light iris of amel gene).

I'm sorry for all the questions, but thank you for your patience.

Old 03-08-2019, 11:22 PM   #24
GMR_TFH
Can you get me a good picture of the one that I said was an RF Snow Motley in natural light but not bright sunlight. Maybe near a window would work fine.

Old 03-09-2019, 01:03 AM   #25
Shiari
The dark red pupils can be caused by hypo.

Old 03-09-2019, 04:12 PM   #26
Raven
GMR, here are the more motley snow. Most of the other pictures were taken in the shade or indirect lighting. These were taken in different areas, near windows but in the shade. He has no patterns on his sides, just his dorsal. Belly is clear (but that is expected from both motley and stripe).

Old 03-09-2019, 04:15 PM   #27
Raven
His snow sister's pattern seems to be filling in with white. Her head is very frosted. None of my other snows have ever had this.

Old 03-09-2019, 04:21 PM   #28
Raven
Shiari, for the anery group: If I am following all of the genetics, the most likely for this group is hypo ghost, ghost, anery and darker(?) anery. Yes? All being motley-stripe are given from the start. An thank you again for all of the information!

I will be watching the yellow - as some of them aren't showing yellow or only a hint of it while others look like I painted them.

Old 03-09-2019, 11:10 PM   #29
Shiari
Ghost is hypo + anery so 'hypo ghost' doesn't work. Motley can have a hypo-like effect so it's hard to say but most likely the lightest is a ghost motley and of the other 3, two are anery motleys and the the lightest of those 3 is on the border of being a dark ghost or a light anery.

Old 03-09-2019, 11:24 PM   #30
Raven
Oh, right! Hypo+ anery=ghost. Weekend brain! Would pictures of them as hatchlings help to determine morph more than their current (8 month) ones?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google