CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Anyone on facebook see this???

Old 05-19-2010, 02:35 AM   #11
omni
I think that pic is a bad PS job on a white King or corn morph. The detail on the substrate and scales on the white areas of the snake are good. The brown patches look slapped on color, and the reflection is really grainy like was blurred purposely.
I don't think the owner would post any more pics of that particular snake to compare if is an edit job.
Would be cool tho! Someone on Facebook write them for more info, maybe invite them to join here too!

Old 05-19-2010, 03:59 AM   #12
Suzy
I'd say photoshop, and it appears as though they have done a pretty bad job on it! LOL - Just by looking at the picture for a few minutes, I can see several mistakes they made, notably the reflection. The pattern doesn't match up with the reflection at all.

Old 05-19-2010, 05:15 AM   #13
luckycharm318
Perhaps he painted the snake...

Old 05-19-2010, 06:36 AM   #14
Susan
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckycharm318 View Post
Perhaps he painted the snake...
If it wasn't for the bad reflection and blurring, I was thinking all you need to make more of these is a blizzard and a black marker.

Old 05-19-2010, 09:51 AM   #15
RavenSpirit360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
There's no scalation pattern in the colored in area except for on the head, which strikes me as odd. The reflected image also doesn't exactly match the actual snake.
Good observation Shiari.. I did not look at the reflection image closely at all, but I too see a few differences..

I havent spoken to the person that posted it yet as he hasnt been online..

Old 05-19-2010, 09:53 AM   #16
RavenSpirit360
I agree... I am going to message him and see what he has to say and ask for more pictures.. Its funny everyone on that page is congratulation him on the new find and even ben seigal is trying to buy it, but I am the only one who said anything about the blurring..

Old 05-19-2010, 10:03 AM   #17
RavenSpirit360
This is what was said about it by the guy who posted the picture on facebook...

Chuck Hurd Sorry I couldn’t get back to you sooner. I sent the pic to FB from my cell. This was my first chance to get on line. The picture has not been doctored, I took it myself with my phone. It was found by a 10 year old kid that I know. I met him and his family a few years ago when I did a snake show at his school. They have been friends of the family ever since. He was always a snake chaser and I worked with him and his dad refining him a little. They have other snakes and have been keeping for a while. They called me yesterday trying to figure out what they had. They were assuming it was a species they didn’t know or a hybrid. I went over to their house and ID’ed it. I would call it a pied. A few have said calico, but I will wait on the Sargent and Joliff to make that call. =) I am convinced it is a corn. There were normal corns from the same area to match it with. The head on this one matches the other corns and the patches of “normal” look like corn pattern. There are also specs of red throughout the snake…there is no red in rats from that area. I have not probed it yet, but I plan to Sunday. I will also take some HD pictures while I am there. It appears to me male and it’s a little over 2 feet long, missing the tip of its tail. Yes, I am certain its wild caught!!! I told them it was going to be worth quite a bit of money, but they have no interest in selling it. They are going to keep it and I am going to bred it out and distribute the babies. I don’t want to be a major player in corns, so I don’t plan to do anything more then prove it out with normals from the area. While they are with me, I will be keeping the locality pure. I am sure other will be producing blood reds and cream cycles with the peid affected added on. I use the term Chattanooga as a generic to describe our area. No one knows the name of the smaller surrounding towns. The snake came from a spot in northeast AL, I am not going to be more specific then that.

Old 05-19-2010, 12:25 PM   #18
Buzzard
.....I have a friend who had a run in with this gentleman. We'll just say it wasnt a pleasant experience and leave it at that.

If the snake is truely a wild caught, then we shall see it in a few years hit the market until then, Take it with a grain of salt.....

Old 05-19-2010, 12:29 PM   #19
doovoo
Looks like a piebald Gray Rat...

http://www.outdooralabama.com/watcha...s/ratsnake.cfm

Just my .02

Trevor

Old 05-19-2010, 12:37 PM   #20
Buzzard
Quote:
Originally Posted by doovoo View Post
Looks like a piebald Gray Rat...

http://www.outdooralabama.com/watcha...s/ratsnake.cfm

Just my .02

Trevor
Trevor,

If it is a rat it is probably a gray rat. He said in his responce to Raven that the rats in that area dont have red in them. Oh that is so not true. Being from Knoxville tn and living in Chattanooga as a young man, The gray rats DO have a Reddish/ brown underlying saddle color.

Personal note. "editted" thanks Unique your right..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google