• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

First ATB litter born here at Elemental Exotics.

Tavia

Elemental Exotics
Mai and Zuko were paired for the first time this year and after a very long wait, Mai gave birth to 7 babies sometime yesterday.

Six of them are healthy and well formed, unfortunately the 7th has a really bad neck kink and will be euthanized, as I don't think it will be able to eat.

ZxM111117-1.

ABHDUGdl.jpg

d06fkyFl.jpg

8xU6Ge9l.jpg

hSRgURwl.jpg

ZxM111117-2.

YtnyGqal.jpg

jcFmXsXl.jpg

Vxl2kkjl.jpg

ZxM111117-3.

thfT7vxl.jpg

quAbwd2l.jpg

WG9oMokl.jpg

ZxM111117-4.

Gy2aszfl.jpg

oun0tRhl.jpg

You know, when I first got into herps I looked at ATBs and thought, "Naahhhhh that looks too mean, I'll stick with easy colubrid species." But now I've caught myself wondering about finding mentorship to keep bush vipers and I'm thinking to myself, "You know, ATB might be a hell of a lot easier..." Cuz damn, they are stunning creatures.

How much do your adults hide away vs. sitting somewhere even just a little visible? I want something to put in a big naturalistic display cage.

Given enough perches, they are generally visible about 80% of the time, not quite as good a display snake as a Green Tree Python but close. And much hardier than a GTP. They prefer a bit different perch than GTP, the intersection of several "branches" rather than a straight limb type perch that GTPs use.

This is Zuko, the sire. Number 3 looks similar to him, just doesn't have the black markings on the head like dad.

mT9adQHl.jpg

This is Mai, none of the babies really look like her.

0dF4pUdl.jpg

I've been procrastinating setting up their individual enclosures. Still moving slow today but I've got #1 and #4 moved over into their own totes.

#1.

uopWJcRl.jpg

Rn2vQyxl.jpg

DE6oQoOl.jpg

JOHta8pl.jpg

GAbFyJ1l.jpg

15dJxnYl.jpg

They're so stinkin' cute.

I just saw the hypos from a leucy outcross on morphmarket, and now I wish I could impulse buy one. So I bought a rubber one on Amazon instead LOL.

Number 5 is the first and so far, only one to shed. Here are some fresh shed pictures.
Like the little black beauty mark by it's eye.

haW5JDLl.jpg

g5Rp3wPl.jpg

h9S6PJxl.jpg

RFSZggbl.jpg

4CWSobzl.jpg

QrNOIOYl.jpg

3hk7uvfl.jpg

UjquMPVl.jpg

Their bodies are like ribbons. Do they get thicker? Will they hold their coloration and markings? #5 has the dot and #6 has all the head spots... You have a way with sneks!! Happy Thanksgiving.

They do get thicker but their body shape is always more vertical than horizontal, keeps the ribbon look.
They are like corns a bit, in that the colors and to a much lesser extent, patterns can change a bit as they grow but they will stay more or less the way they look when born. The Garden phase ATBs probably have the most extensive color change.

They are beautiful. There is so much variety in snake species. Something for everyone.

Back