CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

sunglow

Old 07-12-2006, 02:23 PM   #51
cherub
Talking

Nightmare..i find some people on this forum quite rude..28 years of age and knows it all...........well you cant tell some people...i would say that your snake is a sunglow..if people on here say otherwise, let them get on with it,humour them..but for me... what do i think....well.......im going to tell you seeing as it seems to be a forum where people speak their minds..i think their just being picky really.

Old 07-12-2006, 02:24 PM   #52
Joejr14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherub
I thought it was clear why i posted that picture..for you to compare nightmares snake and my snake..my snake has lots of white and is an amel..nightmares has very little white so qualifys to be a sunglow.....why do you all insist it isnt a sunglow anyway.?it clearly states in the book,that it is a sunglow.thats good enough for me..if you think you are better at identyfying snakes ,then maybe you should publish a book..sorry guys but all i can see is that most on here have an attitude and this is the first post i have read. dare i read more?
If you're put off by a good debate, then no, you probably shouldn't read anymore. This is a discussion forum, and that's what we are having.

Kathy will tell you it is VERY hard to label something as a hatchling as a sunglow. Amels change colors so much over the first year, it's a very big risk to label something as a sunglow unless you've bred those same parents year after year and get sunglows.

The poster said the parents have thrown sunglows before. That comment leads me to believe that there are some sunglows, but some are also amels. Based on that statement and the picture of the snake, I wouldn't call it a sunglow. It might develop into one down the road, but it's not one right now.

Old 07-12-2006, 02:26 PM   #53
your_only_nightmare
ok, you saying that, how would anyone know what there buying then? what if they were after sunglows for a certain reason? they would hae to know, otherwise they wulnt be titled sunglows when you buy them

Old 07-12-2006, 02:27 PM   #54
diamondlil
That's my point, it's a lovely snake, that may be a sunglow as it develops, or it may be a really nice amel..............

Old 07-12-2006, 02:29 PM   #55
cherub
What utter rubbish...You cannot develop into something down the road...i cannot develop into a man down the road just like you cannot devlop into the oppsite sex down the road. you are either man or woman ..either sunglow or amel. what you fail to realise , his genes are not going to change down the road.

Old 07-12-2006, 02:33 PM   #56
gwb8568
Quote:
sorry guys but all i can see is that most on here have an attitude and this is the first post i have read. dare i read more?

if i were you.........i would go ahead and start reading other threads right now. you are new and you just happened to place your first post in a topic that is, not really getting heated, but happens to have a few different opinions. and that is what this forum is about is to share and discuss different topics and give help where needed. i am not holding anything against "nightmare", but i would listen to someone that is 28 before i would listen to someone that is 16, not because of the age but because of the experience.

take this as a welcome to the forums (there is a new member introduction section at the top of the home page). hope you stay around and provide us with your input on other topics, plus show pics of your snakes. just know that everyone here is helpful, you just fell into a "deeper" thread than 99% of the others..................just my $.02

Old 07-12-2006, 02:33 PM   #57
cherub
Btw..This is not a debate ..........it is a yes it is..and no it isnt discussion .i dont see any of you giving many reasons for it not being a sunglow..it is not a sunglow because????????????????

Old 07-12-2006, 02:34 PM   #58
Joejr14
Quote:
What utter rubbish...You cannot develop into something down the road...i cannot develop into a man down the road just like you cannot devlop into the oppsite sex down the road. you are either man or woman ..either sunglow or amel. what you fail to realise , his genes are not going to change down the road.

You are kidding, right?

Old 07-12-2006, 02:36 PM   #59
cherub
Quote:
i am not holding anything against "nightmare", but i would listen to someone that is 28 before i would listen to someone that is 16, not because of the age but because of the experience.
.Did you take a look at my age and experience i was probably breeding snakes before princess was born...

Old 07-12-2006, 02:37 PM   #60
your_only_nightmare
go down to sunglow and enlarge the pic IT HAS WHITE http://www.upscalereptiles.com/corn.html

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google