CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

sunglow

Old 07-12-2006, 02:56 PM   #81
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by your_only_nightmare
please dont change the sunbject (roy munson)
I only change my sunbjects once per year. They just don't get that dirty.

Old 07-12-2006, 02:56 PM   #82
diamondlil
Ok Cherub, I can't pretend to have early as much cornsnake experience as you, but am I right in thinking that you have bred snakes and claim that they do not change their colours as they grow?

Old 07-12-2006, 02:57 PM   #83
Joejr14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Beth
Has anyone asked Kathy or Chuck to chime in on this thread? It's probably a bit to, uh, abrasive in here for Kathy but I bet Chuck would have fun with this one.
If Kathy knew of this thread she'd clear this up in a jiffy. Fact is, despite what Cherub says, sunglows change color from hatchling to yearling to adult. She can say whatever she wants, but it's the truth. My sunglow started off as an amel, and was sold as that. It wasn't sold as a sunglow, but it did develop into one.

Snake's do change as they mature. Bloodreds, stripes, anerys, lavenders, etc etc all come to mind.

Old 07-12-2006, 02:57 PM   #84
cherub
Quote:
So snakes don't change colors from hatchling to adult?
yes snakes change their colour but it doesnt change what they are. as i said before ..it cant be an amel today and change into a sunglow tomorrow..your not impressing me either right now..

Old 07-12-2006, 02:58 PM   #85
Joejr14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherub
yes snakes change their colour but it doesnt change what they are. as i said before ..it cant be an amel today and change into a sunglow tomorrow..your not impressing me either right now..

A SUNGLOW IS AN AMEL!

Old 07-12-2006, 02:58 PM   #86
gwb8568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson
Rep is for young folks. You're too long in the tooth for that business.
yeah, i might be older, but i need reps to make me look smarter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejr14
LoL. I did before I tried to give it to Dean. You just haven't checked your User CP.
thanks buddy..........and remember, if you need help, i got your back. just check out the joe dirt quote in the signature.

Old 07-12-2006, 02:58 PM   #87
dwyn127
Quote:
please dont change the sunbject (roy munson)
Yeah Roy Munson, you to JoeJr.

OK, back to the subject at hand....That's not a Sunglow! Nice picture of a good looking amel, thou.

Maybe since I'm the oldest of all of you, my opinion should be the one that sticks, huh?

Old 07-12-2006, 02:58 PM   #88
your_only_nightmare
they change colours, not morphs, of course they change colours, like i said bloodreds, but my sunglow will most probebrly get darker as he grows hes NOT going to for m any white tho

Old 07-12-2006, 02:59 PM   #89
Roy Munson
I refused to call this snake anything but an amel mot when I first bought him. I couldn't be sure he was going to turn out sunglow. He sure did, though.

Old 07-12-2006, 03:00 PM   #90
Joejr14
Quote:
they change colours, not morphs, of course they change colours, like i said bloodreds, but my sunglow will most probebrly get darker as he grows hes NOT going to for m any white tho
Sigh.

Again, a sunglow is an AMEL. A candy cane is an AMEL. A reverse okeete is an AMEL.

There is no sunglow gene, no candy cane gene, no reverse okeetee gene. They are all amels and yes, they do change!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google