• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Progression thread: Normal Cape African house snake

Aw, Clyde and Cleo: Dolly's parting gift to you. :)

Well, I'm still sorry to hear you lost him, but I'm glad you still decided to have snakes. They are so rewarding, and I'm discovering they somewhat thrive on neglect, which makes them kind of the perfect pet! Haha

Caring for a snake gives a certain rhythm to life that creates for me a kind of inner peace. Life without at least one would feel a little empty. I could do it, but it wouldn't be easy.

Clyde is 10 months old, 41 grams and cute as a button!

nXNGTzMl.jpg

HR5OzcWl.jpg

qD0rWVdl.jpg

7TFSZMml.jpg

https://youtu.be/vK9ZEY5TmSw

Oh my God he's so cute I just wanna steal him away! I love his face markings. They are quite different from Eve's, and make his face so lovable. What a sweetheart.

Oh my God he's so cute I just wanna steal him away! I love his face markings. They are quite different from Eve's, and make his face so lovable. What a sweetheart.

Thanks so much. That means a lot coming from you!

Eve is georgeous and has beautiful markings. It's so much fun to have another housie mum here.

I feel exactly the same way. We need to start our own fan club! Haha!
I am super in love with Eve, I was loving on her just this morning while waiting for my coffee to brew. I fed her two days ago, so missed having her out yesterday.

Lol, hate to tell you, but on the fan club, I think we already started one!

Yeah I need my snake fixes too. I miss each one during digestion. I have only two words: staggered feedings.

Lol, hate to tell you, but on the fan club, I think we already started one!

Yeah I need my snake fixes too. I miss each one during digestion. I have only two words: staggered feedings.

:roflmao: I absolutely refuse to feed all my snakes on the same day. I cannot have days with no snakes to hold! Staggered feedings is the only way to go. People ask why I need so many snakes, but even with 8, there are many days when by noon I'm thinking "4 ate yesterday, 2 are blue, and I've already had the other 2 out today... now what?" Haha.

Thanks Karl! Clyde loves the camera (phone). After that pic he reached up, climbed on it and put it in video mode. So I figured why not?

Ever since his first shed with me, which had a stuck tail, the sheds have been complete though some have been two pieces. I provide a humid hide 24/7 because of that first shed even though theoretically the humidity was high enough.

Tell Eve her buddy Clyde says hello!

Last edited:
Another nice shed! It's always good to know you don't have to 'save a tail' or soak your snake! It's getting nice out so I'll be taking Loopy out for walks in the park ... if I can find a snake leash. If not, then just out for some fresh air and some photos. I got a new camera, so I'll be experimenting with that soon!

We aim to please, but don't think it's easy to get anything but a blur with all that pent up housie energy, post shed! ;)

Clyde had a good outing and got some much needed exercise!

CbPseYXl.jpg

EIVovmUl.jpg

wdTasagl.jpg

And finally a measuring picture. Clyde is approximately 19.7 inches long (Serpwidgets snake measurer) and weighs 46 grams

YiMgcWnl.jpg

Back