CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

What is my corn snake color name?

Old 09-10-2017, 01:05 PM   #1
Snooki
What is my corn snake color name?

Hi.

I wonder what type or corn snake i have.
2-3 month old. In the paper it stand hypo.
Tried to find pics of adult but when i search for hypo it almost only shows red types of corn snake.

Wonder how this little guy will looks like when he is adult.
Is it a morph?

Here is two pics of him

Old 09-10-2017, 01:12 PM   #2
Caryl
Your snake looks like a little ghost. Ghosts are dual-recessive morphs, showing both hypo and anery (short for anerythristic). The clean, light ground color and the pale tones inside its saddles are a result of the hypo gene. Cute baby!

Old 09-10-2017, 02:18 PM   #3
Snooki
Thank you!

Ghost seems like it the right search word on Google.
Very excited how he would look like when he is bigger

This color charcoal is a normal color it seems but the ghost in him give he shaper pattern?

Old 09-11-2017, 10:49 PM   #4
Caryl
The saddles are a normal pattern. That's not related to color. Little variations from one snake to another are normal. Yes, it will be fun to watch his colors change and develop d he grows. Your baby's anery component could be either anery A (more common)or B (known as charcoal) .

Old 09-11-2017, 10:53 PM   #5
Shiari
There is no indication of this being a phantom or having charcoal in it at all. It is anery a + hypo, aka a ghost.

Old 09-11-2017, 11:05 PM   #6
Caryl
Megan is right. I was meaning to clarify that there are two kinds of anery gene and charcoal is anery B but I think I just caused confusion. My bad.

Old 10-13-2017, 06:29 PM   #7
LadyJemima
What a little cutie!

Old 10-20-2017, 10:15 PM   #8
Weebonilass
Looks like a lovely little Ghost... the first snake I bought was for my daughter and she was a little Ghost... she was the most awesome little girl... makes me think I might want to get another one

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google