• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Is this a good Rack?

DeadSkinMask

Look here

Up to what size corns would that rack be good for? Im thinking of getting that rack to house my two corns (and some additional ones :)) - both of my corns are a little over 2 ft each. Does that rack look good or should I go for one with larger boxex?

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure about sizes or anything but I'm curious...is the back open or no?
How would you heat it? Heat tape?

Iris said:
I'm not sure about sizes or anything but I'm curious...is the back open or no?
How would you heat it? Heat tape?

They come with heat tape already - as for size, scroll down and read the entire page to see a box in comparison to a milk jug. Enjoy.

I have not personally used Boaphile but I've heard only good things about the product and service.

^Curtis

Yeah - the racks look to be of exceptional quality, far better than something I could build myself.

Still have the question: Up to what size corns would the rack I linked to be good for? If it stops at 2 footers, then I guess its on to a bigger rack :(

I think those would not hold very large snakes.

They look to be about the same size as twelve quart shoeboxes. That will probably house your snakes until they are about 10-12 months old. Of course, this is just an estimate. It kind of depends on the growth rate of your snakes.

corncrazy is right...

if you read the paragraph below it said the dimensions of the rubbermaids and they are smaller than a 20 gallon, which i think we all agree is the absolute mininum for an adult corn.

I'm almost positive that i read the dimensions right. They 22' high and 14' deep got me confused. Whats the diff?

I think that the whole rack...

is 22 inches high. The boxes themselves are: 13-1/4"
long x 8-1/4" wide x 4-1/8" tall. They may even be smaller than the 12 quart shoeboxes.

This is the size of the boxes.
4636tub.JPG

What you would want for adult corns is the blanket box rack - tubs are 22.25" x 16.25" and 5.75" tall

Blanket Box

If your corns are already 2', I would go with the Blanket Box. The ones you are looking at look like they are for hatchlings. I have rubbermaids that size for my little hatchlings. The are quite small. They move up in size quite quickly. The Blanket Box would house yours nicely, maybe even permanently...

Re: I would think

dartguy said:
that you could build one for less than half of what they are asking for one

Thats a good idea, but considering I have absolutely NO tools to do the job like him, it is cheaper to buy one (or two).

Back