CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Are worms okay for my baby corn?

Old 11-11-2017, 06:36 PM   #21
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyg View Post
Dragonling was experimenting with Repti-links, I know she was scenting the links - I have not been following the thread so I don't know if she's managed to get them eating unscented links.
I have a few that would eat them without a fuss, but I didn't have the patience to properly convert all of my girls to them. I still have some ~15-20g links in the freezer, but I just don't feel like bothering really. Like hairless mice, they're prone to substrate sticking to them unless you take the time to really dry them off. Otherwise I had great success with feeding them to the ones that would eat them without scenting, and saw remarkable growth in at least the one female. At this point I'll stick to slitting mice if I want efficent growth, though.

Old 11-26-2017, 08:10 AM   #22
knox
Just to add to the discussion for anyone new coming across this thread - Rat Snakes (Corns are Rat Snakes) can take MUCH larger prey than you would imagine. I find it hard to believe any baby Corn could not eat a day old pink, were they available. They are pretty "stretchy".

As far as wild corns go, I am sure they will eat whatever they overpower. I couldn't believe when I saw a baby Copperhead eating a Cicada sometime back (in pictures).

Old 11-28-2017, 02:16 PM   #23
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox View Post
Just to add to the discussion for anyone new coming across this thread - Rat Snakes (Corns are Rat Snakes) can take MUCH larger prey than you would imagine. I find it hard to believe any baby Corn could not eat a day old pink, were they available. They are pretty "stretchy".

As far as wild corns go, I am sure they will eat whatever they overpower. I couldn't believe when I saw a baby Copperhead eating a Cicada sometime back (in pictures).
Yep, I hatched a barely 3g Amel this year and after a couple half-pink feedings she had no trouble with day olds and quickly caught up to my other holdbacks.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google