CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snakes Wanted Looking for something special and you don't know who has it for sale? Post what you are looking for here and see if you get any bites.

how much are blizards going for?

Old 10-22-2016, 12:05 AM   #1
Wallawalla
how much are blizards going for?

how much are they and where to find them i havent found a solid blizard snake

Old 10-22-2016, 02:43 AM   #2
hypnoctopus
I think they're going for around 100-150 dollars currently. You can try searching the classifieds on this forum, or the classifieds on faunaclassifieds.com. Here's a link to a search I did: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...archid=4726231

I would also check with Don at South Mountain Reptiles. His website is cornsnake.net.

I've always loved the look of blizzards. If you like white snakes, you might like leucistic rat snakes. Very cool looking snakes, but I've heard they can be not as pleasant as corn snakes.

Old 10-22-2016, 03:08 AM   #3
Wallawalla
i was thinking of getting my self a blizzard snake and a mexican king snake but i want the blizzard solid white

Old 10-22-2016, 03:25 AM   #4
Zincubus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallawalla View Post
i was thinking of getting my self a blizzard snake and a mexican king snake but i want the blizzard solid white

I had similar thoughts a while back and added a solid Black MBK plus two pure White LTRs

Old 10-24-2016, 08:48 AM   #5
KvanAalten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallawalla View Post
might be better to look for a whiteout or blizzard stripe / whiteout stripe then, they tend to be more white

Old 11-03-2016, 06:56 PM   #6
backafter30
I normally produce Whiteout corns every year, but my female took this year off. I have since acquired a second female, so hopefully I'll double my chances next year. I also have an adult pair of Leucistic Black Rats which I hope to produce next year. In maybe two years, I should produce nearly solid white Cal Kings, and in three I should have a decent supply of Pearl Hondurans. (I like white, too!)

Old 11-03-2016, 07:01 PM   #7
backafter30
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=599646

Current ad on FaunaClassifieds!

Old 03-17-2017, 04:46 AM   #8
MaxHardwicke
£80 in the U.K !, you can make one by breeding a amelanistic corn snake and a charcoal corn snake and you get a blizzard corn snake 100% rate of all blizzards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-17-2017, 09:04 AM   #9
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxHardwicke View Post
£80 in the U.K !, you can make one by breeding a amelanistic corn snake and a charcoal corn snake and you get a blizzard corn snake 100% rate of all blizzards.

That's not at all how that works. Please take some time to learn about genetics before doling out that sort of "information." Amel and charcoal are recessive to wild. Breeding an amel with no hets to a charcoal with no hets yields all classic het amel charcoal. Pairing siblings from that clutch, you have a 1 in 16 chance (6.25%) for any given egg to hatch out as a blizzard. The only way to guarantee 100% blizzards in a clutch is by breeding a blizzard to a blizzard.

http://cornguide.com/geneticspages.php?page=1

Old 03-17-2017, 09:13 AM   #10
MaxHardwicke
If they are both normal then they will make 100% yield blizzards quite clearly calculated on a corn snake genetics website I don't think you need to contradict me where meant to be helping the person who asked not argue so stoping getting loud behind your screen

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google